Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

February Recruiting Thread (2 Viewers)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

Huskers make 2025 quarterback offer in California​

Nebraska football offers 2025 quarterback Madden Iamaleava on Thursday.​

Michael BruntzMICHAEL BRUNTZ62 mins0

Nebraska football continued its evaluation — and offers — of 2025 quarterbacks on Thursday, extending an offer to Warren (Calif.) four-star quarterback Madden Iamaleava.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound Iamaleava reported the offer following a conversation with Nebraska assistants Glenn Thomas and Marcus Satterfield.

Iamaleava is the younger brother of former five-star and current Tennessee quarterback Nico Iamaleava, and has followed in his brother’s footsteps in terms of attention from power five programs.

The 2025 quarterback holds offers from Auburn, Cal, Colorado, Miami, Ole Miss, TCU, Tennessee and others.

247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Greg Biggins said the ceiling is very high for the 2025 quarterback.

“Iamaleava has had a strong junior season and showed he’s deserving of all the attention and early scholarships he received this off-season. Iamaleava didn’t start a game until this year after backing up his older brother Nico Iamaleava, who’s a freshman at Tennessee,” Biggins wrote in his evaluation. “Like his older brother, Iamaleava is a two-sport standout and a talented volleyball player but his future is definitely at quarterback. He has always had a strong arm but has made a nice jump in poise, accuracy and maturity. He shows dual-threat ability and although he doesn’t run a ton, he has very good pocket mobility and can extend plays. He’s a tough kid, highly competitive and as the game continues to slow down for him, he’ll make another big jump.”

The offer comes as Nebraska’s quarterback board for 2025 is in a bit of flux. Nebraska has offered St. Louis quarterback Dillon Duff and Pennsylvania quarterback Matt Zollers in recent weeks and long-time Husker quarterback target Alex Manske committed to Cockeye State on Thursday evening.

Iamaleava is a four-star prospect according to 247Sports, and holds an overall rating of 90 according to 247Sports, making him the No. 164 overall prospect and No. 11 quarterback in the 2025 class.

Looks like a good prospect. But I have trouble getting excited about a prospect with this kind of offer sheet when we have two true freshman Elite 11 QB's, one of them being a five star. It seems like any QB with that kind of offer list is going to look for a better situation with less young talent at QB, like Manske did.

Last edited:

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Coleman in the front right. Dylan back left.
I don't recognize anyone else in the picture. I assume it's a buch of freshmen. Who's the guy in the grey sweatsuit? Big dude.
Grey sweatsuit dude looks like Micah Mazzzzehzhchcuuahzh, the transfer from Florida.

Dude laying on the ground next to Chi is Jaylen Lloyd I believe.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
We offered Limbaugh and Tompkins

QB Alex Manske just the beginning in Cockeye State's 2025 class​

Cockeye State starts off their class with one of the best in their home-state.​

Allen TrieuALLEN TRIEU4 hrsVIP0

Algona (Cockeye) quarterback Alex Manske announced his commitment to Cockeye State on Thursday night.

This is a big one for the Cyclone class as the 6-foot-3, 205-pound Manske is the No. 3 prospect in the state and the No. 34 quarterback in the country per 247Sports. He is currently at an 88 rating and will have a chance to push for higher as the class continues to be evaluated.

Texas A&M was making a strong run at Manske after extending a December offer, and other programs like Minnesota, Kansas State, Cockeye, Nebraska and Pittsburgh had also offered.

Manske has size at 6-foot-3, 210 pounds, is a four-sport athlete and has excellent production as well, passing for 1,787 yards, rushing for 701 yards and scoring 29 total touchdowns with just three interceptions as a junior.

He visited Cockeye State for a game in November and got to meet Brock Purdy and also grew up watching the Cyclones.

The Cyclones recently had much of their staff at one of Manske's basketball games and are also recruiting teammate Jack Limbaugh.

We think this is just the beginning for the Cyclones and their in-state 2025 class. We like their chances with Limbaugh although Nebraska and other programs are battling there. Cyclone Alert's Alec Busse has now Crystal Balled Limbaugh to the Cyclones.

I have also now made a Crystal Ball pick for the Cyclones and Will Tompkins, the Cedar Falls offensive lineman who recently visited. That battle has gotten interesting. Penn State, Minnesota, Missouri and others are doing a good job there and he is going to visit Tennessee in the spring. Word is Wisconsin may be offering soon so his offer list is getting crowded, but his recent experience on campus combined with the way ISU has recruited him has us leaning to the Cyclones.

There is a good chance the Cyclones can get Tompkins, Limbaugh and Robinson to join Manske in this class.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
I don't recognize anyone else in the picture. I assume it's a buch of freshmen. Who's the guy in the grey sweatsuit? Big dude.
Looks like Raiola, Chief, Gottula, Scott, Mazzccua, Corcoran, Transfer LB Stefon Thompson I don't know if it's the camera angle but the dude looks huge, Coleman, Lloyd. The 2 white dudes by Raiola look like walk-on FB Dickey and DB Cooper Wilson?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Dude laying on the ground next to Chi is Jaylen Lloyd I believe.
Ha! I didn't even notice him in the picture.
Looks like there's also someone right in the middle obscured by a glare or reflection or something.
Transfer LB Stefon Thompson I don't know if it's the camera angle but the dude looks huge,
That's him on the far right? He does look awfully big for a LB. Barrel-chested, as they say.

wildcat_husker

Cornerback
Elite Member
I don't recognize anyone else in the picture. I assume it's a bunch of freshmen. Who's the guy in the grey sweatsuit? Big dude.
From left: Dylan Raiola; walk-on FB Izaac Dickey (in red); walk-on WR from Washington state Cooper Wilson (he's behind Dickey with the long dark hair); Chief Borders, (can’t tell who Chief has his left arm around); Gunnar Gottula; Ben Scott; Micah Mazzccua (new starting guard, wearing the “lonestar” sweater); Turner Corcoran (behind Mazzccua); Stefon Thompson (250-pound transfer LB from Syracuse); Malachi Coleman (squatting).

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Ha! I didn't even notice him in the picture.
Looks like there's also someone right in the middle obscured by a glare or reflection or something.

That's him on the far right? He does look awfully big for a LB. Barrel-chested, as they say.
That's Thompson on the right. I thought he was a lineman at first, until I checked the roster. That's why I thought it might be something with the camera shot making him look bigger.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds