Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Fall camp thread 2024

Fuck that bitch...

Dad RANT...I've told you guys in other threads that my oldest was one of Dave Ellis' first interns when he got here. She worked for him and WBB for almost 5 years. Was the WBB nutritionist for almost 3 years AS AN INTERN. She worked with many other teams, knew ALL of the coaches by name, and yes, they knew her too. Once she graduated with her Masters and passed her Registered Dietician exam on the first try she applied for MANY D1 nutritionist jobs (internships/fellowships) but was getting rejected due to lack of experience. (How do you get exp w/o having exp?) Anyway, a fellowship opened up with Sker's football, she interviewed with this cuntwagon, who couldn't take the time to actually focus on the interview but would rather wave and say Hi to passers by while sitting at her desk?? Who does that during an interview? totally unprofessional. My daughter did not get this fellowship and her feedback from Kuntstrin was, you need to get out of Nebraska. That was it...Another fellowship opened with "all other sports" and she interviewed with Lisa Kuntpecky (Kopecki). She did not get that job either b/c she's too familiar and comfortable with Nebraska...WTF???

Okay, I get it, she's been at Nebraska a long time and maybe needs to get exp at another school BUT when you have home grown talent that you let go b/c they're too familiar or comfortable???

Am I missing something?? should I just shut up and get back to my corner?? Am I pissed for no reason??

Signed
WHAT THE FUCK...over...

Bro I’m not gonna try to sneakily take a pic with his son sitting on his leg. Just thought it was funny timing, and they’re taking the cheap seat southwest flight to PHX same as me. Wasn’t he in town for a golf tournament or something?
Pretty sure they're joking. @2010sarenevercoming is kind of creepy though so he might be serious.

Frosty boy currently sitting in the terminal at Eppley. Think he was in town to help out with camp kickoff?
Can't find it now, but I thought I saw a post somewhere about him being in Lincoln for a golf event?

Any word how Mazzccua is 'adjusting to our standards'?
All the radio talk is pretty high on him currently. Must have heard some good thing about him during all the interviews in the last week.

Fuck that bitch...

Dad RANT...I've told you guys in other threads that my oldest was one of Dave Ellis' first interns when he got here. She worked for him and WBB for almost 5 years. Was the WBB nutritionist for almost 3 years AS AN INTERN. She worked with many other teams, knew ALL of the coaches by name, and yes, they knew her too. Once she graduated with her Masters and passed her Registered Dietician exam on the first try she applied for MANY D1 nutritionist jobs (internships/fellowships) but was getting rejected due to lack of experience. (How do you get exp w/o having exp?) Anyway, a fellowship opened up with Sker's football, she interviewed with this cuntwagon, who couldn't take the time to actually focus on the interview but would rather wave and say Hi to passers by while sitting at her desk?? Who does that during an interview? totally unprofessional. My daughter did not get this fellowship and her feedback from Kuntstrin was, you need to get out of Nebraska. That was it...Another fellowship opened with "all other sports" and she interviewed with Lisa Kuntpecky (Kopecki). She did not get that job either b/c she's too familiar and comfortable with Nebraska...WTF???

Okay, I get it, she's been at Nebraska a long time and maybe needs to get exp at another school BUT when you have home grown talent that you let go b/c they're too familiar or comfortable???

Am I missing something?? should I just shut up and get back to my corner?? Am I pissed for no reason??

Signed
WHAT THE FUCK...over...
Sadly, this is pretty standard in the corporate world. No one wants to take a chance hiring someone who’s primary experience is with the person you just replaced. 9 times out of 10 if you hire that person all they do is undermine you because that’s “not how the last guy did it.” They’d much rather hire someone they can mold in their image from the jump instead of having to break what they perceive as bad habits learned from the last regime.

Not saying your daughter would do that, but there’s a good chance that’s where they’re coming from.

Sadly, this is pretty standard in the corporate world. No one wants to take a chance hiring someone who’s primary experience is with the person you just replaced. 9 times out of 10 if you hire that person all they do is undermine you because that’s “not how the last guy did it.” They’d much rather hire someone they can mold in their image from the jump instead of having to break what they perceive as bad habits learned from the last regime.

Not saying your daughter would do that, but there’s a good chance that’s where they’re coming from.
totally get that, I just needed an avenue to bitch and that post provided it.

Appreciate the words. She's had tons of interviews ranging from UCF to SMU...Nebraska to Wisconsin...Utah Jazz to Utah Utes...just needs someone to take a chance on a kid in a very competitive field.

Appreciate the words. She's had tons of interviews ranging from UCF to SMU...Nebraska to Wisconsin...Utah Jazz to Utah Utes...just needs someone to take a chance on a kid in a very competitive field.
Totally understand needing a place to vent. Sorry for answering what were probably rhetorical questions.

Your daughter is gonna do awesome stuff. Please share it with us when she does.

Director of player personnel at Boise St is a Nebraska guy. Would have been about same age in school as her when he was in recruiting department at UNL. I imagine there's several others like that to reach out to.

Any word how Mazzccua is 'adjusting to our standards'?
Washut a few days ago:

After a shaky start, Micah Mazzccua continues to shine on Nebraska's offensive line​

Robin Washut profile pic
by:Robin Washut•07/27/24•
RobinWashut

When Micah Mazzccua arrived at Nebraska earlier this winter, many assumed he had a clear path to take over as one of the Huskers’ starting guards this season.
Boasting undeniable talent and power-conference experience from his stints at Baylor and Florida, the 6-foot-5, 325-pound senior checked nearly every box NU was looking for.
However, Mazzccua’s transition to Lincoln started a bit rockier than expected.
“Micah’s a talented player,” head coach Matt Rhule said earlier this spring. “Micah’s going to have to do all the things I just talked about. He’s going to have to understand that at the University of Nebraska, we work, we grind, we pay the price. It’s not about what we did; it’s about what we’re trying to do.
“I love Micah. I’ve known him since he was in high school. But Micah’s got a ways to go in terms of understanding the standards here.”
As a result, his place in Nebraska’s guard pecking order remained unclear through his first spring as a Husker. Guys like Justin Evans and Henry Lutovsky also boast of returning starting experience at guard, and the positions still felt like toss-ups when entering NU’s spring game.
But Mazzccua steadily got his feet back under him in his new home and bought into Rhule’s “standards” more and more each day. By the time the Red-White game rolled around, he was the No. 1 left guard for quarterback Dylan Raiola.
Defensive lineman and team leader Ty Robinson has followed Mazzccua’s journey as closely as any Husker over the past several months. With a locker right next to his, Robinson couldn’t say enough about how far the Philadelphia native had come.
“It can always be hard to acclimate somewhere new, especially with how Coach Rhule runs things,” Robinson said. “I can definitely see the challenge and the struggle to try and buy into that.

“Micah’s done a great job at being himself while also trying to find his way into our tight-knit group in the locker room. He’s done a great job of that. Me and Micah’s lockers are right next to each other, and I get to talk to him every day. He’s an awesome guy.”

Mazzccua’s talent quickly impressed his NU teammates​

Mazzccua still has work to do before locking up a starting job on Nebraska’s 2024 offensive line. Evans and Lutovsky also had strong springs, and Mazzccua must continue to meet his coaches’ expectations on and off the field.
If he does, it will likely be difficult for Rhule and Co. to keep him off the field. Phil Steele has already tabbed him as a second-team Preseason All-Big Ten selection.
“He’s big, he’s aggressive, he’s super smart, and he’s really fast as well,” Robinson said. “He has heavy hands, so once he gets those big paws on you, there’s no letting go.”
Nebraska center Ben Scott agreed.
“I think Mazzccua can be a great guy for us,” Scott said. “I see flashes on the field where he can really be someone that we can lean on. He’s a great player, great guy. Once the season comes, I think you guys will get to see Micah.”

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back