Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

ESPN FPI: Colorado is the most improved team in the Power 5 (1 Viewer)

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
ESPN FPI updated their ratings computer yesterday. Here are some interesting nuggets:

- Colorado is the most improved team in the country - rising from #77 at end of 2023, up to #36 in 2024.
- Oregon will be the highest ranked Big Ten team at #2
- Ohio State and Penn State are also ranked in the top 10.
- The Kansas Jayhawks will start the season ranked #17
- Huskers start the season ranked 10th in the Big Ten behind teams like Wisconsin, Cockeye, Washington, and UCLA.

- Indiana is not only the lowest ranked Big 10 team, they will be just one spot ahead of Houston, the lowest ranked Power 5 team in the country.
- While UTEP is ranked 111th, they're actually still ranked in the top half of Conference USA

Mr.Bojangles

Offensive Lineman
ESPN FPI updated their ratings computer yesterday. Here are some interesting nuggets:

- Colorado is the most improved team in the country - rising from #77 at end of 2023, up to #36 in 2024.
- Oregon will be the highest ranked Big Ten team at #2
- Ohio State and Penn State are also ranked in the top 10.
- The Kansas Jayhawks will start the season ranked #17
- Huskers start the season ranked 10th in the Big Ten behind teams like Wisconsin, Cockeye, Washington, and UCLA.

- Indiana is not only the lowest ranked Big 10 team, they will be just one spot ahead of Houston, the lowest ranked Power 5 team in the country.
- While UTEP is ranked 111th, they're actually still ranked in the top half of Conference USA

Yeah not quite sure what they are basing this off of. Colorado shoved last year and showed no sign of improvement down the stretch. They actually regressed.

Kazman5k

Cornerback
Elite Member
Their computer is broken if it thinks fucking UCLA is going to be better than Nebraska

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Happy Season 2 GIF by The Roku Channel

Stan Raymond

Cornerback
What do you know, CU's opener against NDSU is being broadcast on ESPN. Sounds like a storyline they can prime leading up to it maximize viewership. I'm sure we'll hear the "most improved" line come up whenever the Buffs have a solid play.
Vegas has Colorado as a 7.5 point favorite. That should be a lot more if they were truly the 36 best team in the country. Think I'll believe Vegas more than ESPN right now.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
What do you know, CU's opener against NDSU is being broadcast on ESPN. Sounds like a storyline they can prime leading up to it maximize viewership. I'm sure we'll hear the "most improved" line come up whenever the Buffs have a solid play.

Its also a Thursday night game that week. They're going to get a huge number of people rooting against Colorado.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Yeah not quite sure what they are basing this off of. Colorado shoved last year and showed no sign of improvement down the stretch. They actually regressed.
I think FPI highly values returning production. I read CU was 20th in RP - basically Shadeur and Travis Hunter

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wow...nearly all of that is absolute trash. Colorado will be trash. We will be better and so will Indiana. I don't put any stock in any of that lol.
Yep. Indiana I actually think Wil be sneaky good this year. I like their HC and like the QB they brought in.

The other good thing for Indiana is they get to be completely under the radar - as opposed to Nebraska, who is every CFB pundit's "surprise" team in the B1G.

I'd rather be completely overlooked than the preseason surprise team.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Yep. Indiana I actually think Wil be sneaky good this year. I like their HC and like the QB they brought in.

The other good thing for Indiana is they get to be completely under the radar - as opposed to Nebraska, who is every CFB pundit's "surprise" team in the B1G.

I'd rather be completely overlooked than the preseason surprise team.
If you flip the fan bases then we probably would be totally under the radar. We are worth loads of clicks. Especially this year.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you flip the fan bases then we probably would be totally under the radar. We are worth loads of clicks. Especially this year.
I think some of that. But honestly I think it's most due to Dominic Raiola. And the "Rhule 2nd year" hype.

Also I think there's the assumption that Indiana will slip into shitty football school purgatory again. But as we saw with Tom Allen....you can win at Indiana - or any B1G school - if you have (a) a good coach and (b) B1G TV money. Indiana has both things now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds