Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ernest expected back in the portal (1 Viewer)

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Anyone who sources an Oliver Vandervoort article needs to be banned.

Oliver's source for this blog post from another dipshit blogger "Hausmann already transferred from Nebraska to Michigan, so why not again?"

How the fuck did you arrive at "Ernest expected back in the portal" from that?

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
This is a different situation, but hasn’t Rhule indicated he won’t have much sympathy for an in-state recruit who goes elsewhere and then wants to transfer back later? I’m sure talent plays a huge role in that decision, but I like the philosophy. Kid left us high and dry once and now he wants to come back to a starting spot and play savior? Maybe I’m too stubborn to ever be a college coach, but Fuck. That.
I guess Im not too proud. After playing for Frost, i really cant blame him for leaving. He never played for Rhule. If i was the head coach i would be treating him as a local kid who wants to come home and has the talent to be a All-B1G linebacker.

Play savior? i dont understand where youre coming up with that. Also, Am i guaranteeing a starting spot? No i wouldnt for anybody, so i dont see whats wrong with bringing in homegrown talent that wants to be here.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I didn’t follow him. Did he do any good there? Get any meaningful snaps in the championship?

TooTall

Linebacker
Insider
Elite Member
Why does this keep coming up?

You can't get a transfer waiver for a coaching change. You just get the opportunity to enter the portal outside the normal window. If he transfers (a second time) he sits out (unless the NCAA changes the rule or loses the new lawsuit. It was just temporarily neutered in the earlier court case).

View attachment 33077
Carm, I thought they allowed multi-time penalty free transfers for the entire 23-24 academic year?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I didn’t follow him. Did he do any good there? Get any meaningful snaps in the championship?
Yes he did well there. He made the right choice to transfer out. People like to talk about how Michigan’s recruiting classes aren’t elite, but they had a lot of older players with the Covid rules and they have did a very good job in the portal.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why does this keep coming up?

You can't get a transfer waiver for a coaching change. You just get the opportunity to enter the portal outside the normal window. If he transfers (a second time) he sits out (unless the NCAA changes the rule or loses the new lawsuit. It was just temporarily neutered in the earlier court case).

View attachment 33077
Does anyone think that temporary neutering isn't going to become permanent?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds