Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dumb Internet Sayings (1 Viewer)

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
"Back when Nebraska ran the triple option"
This may be a stupid question, and I know it wasn't the flexbone which is the normal triple option... but when you're running power option out of the I formation with (at least sometimes) an additional read/option for the fullback on the straight ahead dive, isn't that something of a triple option itself?

doublewing

Running Back
When a coach or recruit is a good candidate for us because they have "Nebraska ties."

In most cases these "ties" were like having an Uncle in Seward and nothing beyond that.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
This may be a stupid question, and I know it wasn't the flexbone which is the normal triple option... but when you're running power option out of the I formation with (at least sometimes) an additional read/option for the fullback on the straight ahead dive, isn't that something of a triple option itself?
lattimer would know better than me, but I've been under the impression that those FB runs were always called plays under TO, not a read

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
lattimer would know better than me, but I've been under the impression that those FB runs were always called plays under TO, not a read
I know that was the case at least a good portion of the time, but thought there was some option to it in some cases. This article presents it as a triple option, although describes the FB give as more of a pre-snap read:

doublewing

Running Back
It's amusing to me when a football term becomes hot like "pin and pull" or "air raid concepts" and average Joe poster who only played Madden football on easy level tries to use it in sentences and drop their knowledge on us.

Its like when marketing or sales people at my work learn the new tech buzzword and beat it to death or use it incorrectly in their stupid linkedin post.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
The fullback. Was never. Ever. A read.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I know that was the case at least a good portion of the time, but thought there was some option to it in some cases. This article presents it as a triple option, although describes the FB give as more of a pre-snap read:

That article is flat out wrong. They did not read anyone on the dive portion.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Anyone who doesn't have an actual identity linked with their Twitter account saying "sources are telling me..." or anything synonymous about just about anything.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
The mesh with the QB and the FB was never a read by the QB. Nebraska ran double options, that was it.
Are You Sure Season 7 GIF by The Office

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds