Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

DR not attending spring game? Fire Uncle Donny

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Let’s be real. If Dylan Raiola didn’t exist would Uncle Don still be employed here? Not a fucking chance in hell. If he fails at the only job he was retained to do we might as well fire him to get a head start on looking for a real coach. This is shaping up to be Rhule’s first major blunder in an otherwise incredibly impressive takeover. Hopefully the rest of the coaches can make a serviceable product out of the turd sandwich that we know Uncle Don is producing.

Worst coach on the team retained because nephew is stud recruit. Stud recruit goes to another school, and retained coach still sucks (shocker). This has The Simulation’s™ fingerprints all over it.

Let’s be real. If Dylan Raiola didn’t exist would Uncle Don still be employed here? Not a fucking chance in hell. If he fails at the only job he was retained to do we might as well fire him to get a head start on looking for a real coach. This is shaping up to be Rhule’s first major blunder in an otherwise incredibly impressive takeover. Hopefully the rest of the coaches can make a serviceable product out of the turd sandwich that we know Uncle Don is producing.

Worst coach on the team retained because nephew is stud recruit. Stud recruit goes to another school, and retained coach still sucks (shocker). This has The Simulation’s™ fingerprints all over it.
I've said it before, but I refuse to believe that Rhule would retain a shitty coach simply for a singular recruit. Having a quality coach is vastly more important. Rhule may be wrong about Donny and it may have been a mistake to retain him. But I refuse to believe he was retained in order to land us Dylan.

In no world does that make sense....

I've said it before, but I refuse to believe that Rhule would retain a shitty coach simply for a singular recruit. Having a quality coach is vastly more important. Rhule may be wrong about Donny and it may have been a mistake to retain him. But I refuse to believe he was retained in order to land us Dylan.

That’s because this is The Simulation™. None of this is real.

I would agree. I also think the jury is still VERY out on Raiola's coaching. Maybe Rhule actually sees something in his coaching. Yes the line was ass last year but it did seem to improve later on in the season, despite being riddled with injuries. This season will be much more telling.

You’re kidding yourself if you think Dylan had nothing to do with Donny being retained.

Hell, i’d be willing to wager thats 80% of the reason Donny was retained in the first place.

And here comes the full spiral…12 pages.

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

Considering every coach Rhule brought in has ties to him and there were better coaches on the staff to retain I think it’s obvious the nephew had something to do with it. If I remember right Raiola didn’t get another year added to his contract which means Rhule can cut bait after this year without paying any extra money.

Ya but Bitching and moaning about everything under the sun makes you look edgy and cool and totally smart smart
I thought the reason for Nebraska football message boards was to bitch.

I thought the reason for Nebraska football message boards was to bitch.
Well yes

But too much bitching and moaning and then it just becomes exhausting

It also helps if you bitch and moan in a fun way

I’ve been guilty of joking around about this but I did see some improvement at the end of the season and hold judgement here. I believe with MR’s direction that Donnie may prove my original doubts wrong. I’ll sip on some Kool Aid.

Yeah, but gotta be somewhat cool before bitching. If you bring nothing but bitching or trolling to this board, then why can’t we send them back to Tater Central?
This OP is a pretty low effort, low quality troll even by my pathetic standards but apparently it has struck a few nerves. God forbid someone disrupt our 20th straight Off Season National Championship run.

This OP is a pretty low effort, low quality troll even by my pathetic standards but apparently it has struck a few nerves. God forbid someone disrupt our 20th straight Off Season National Championship run.
I don’t think your OP is what struck nerves

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back