Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Dowdell is N (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
He'd be no worse than 2nd string considering everyone in the room - I'd think. Which means he'd play a significant # of snaps.

Hell, he can plausibly earn the starting job.
Agreed. Gabe Irvin either can’t stay healthy or doesn’t have enough juice to make defenders miss.

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I actually thought he wasn’t a half bad running back for a RS Frosh.
I think he and Dowdell will make for a formidable punch. Hard to really trust Gabe given his injury history and especially coming off of a dislocated hip.

Edit: and I feel for the kid. By all means, seems like a good teammate and representative for the school. Shame he’s been bitten by the injury bug.

Last edited:

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agreed. Gabe Irvin either can’t stay healthy or doesn’t have enough juice to make defenders miss.
Gabe won't see the field IMO...and sort of a bummer for him because he flashed talent early on.

I did think he was slow however and didn't seem to have the immediate "IT" factor. Which isn't necessary, but the "early it factor" does separate the special backs from the average historically.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Have to love how we get a transfer portal RB and Emmet just happens to tweet out a video about “in my own lane we can’t merge…”

Matthew Broderick GIF

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Our much maligned RB position coach really stepped up here. Probably gets him off the hot seat and also already has a possible RB in the '25 class so let's see if we just move on to '26 RB targets. Because of the numbers crunch I doubt they'll shop for another '25 RB. (Unless of course Booth is set for another position, but I don't think that's the case at the moment)

Last edited:

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Have to love how we get a transfer portal RB and Emmet just happens to tweet out a video about “in my own lane we can’t merge…”

Is every video on Twitter these days automatically given a “sensitive content” tag? Seems like every football video or picture has one.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds