Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Dowdell is N (1 Viewer)

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
I watched his hudl tape from his senior year of HS and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t get tackled until 4 minutes in. He’s a big strong back that was fast enough to not get run down very often in HS. He made good cuts to get out of the backfield when the defense had penetration and he hurdled two guys on one play to house a 50+ yard run. If we are getting that version of DD this is probably a more valuable addition to our offense than any WR they bring in. This dude is a stud.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I watched his hudl tape from his senior year of HS and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t get tackled until 4 minutes in. He’s a big strong back that was fast enough to not get run down very often in HS. He made good cuts to get out of the backfield when the defense had penetration and he hurdled two guys on one play to house a 50+ yard run. If we are getting that version of DD this is probably a more valuable addition to our offense than any WR they bring in. This dude is a stud.
It’s high time that the backfield becomes a strength of the team in Lincoln again. O-line deserves some blame, but even Fraudst had some semblance of a ground game until Ozigbo graduated. After that basically every handoff was a wasted down.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Does anyone think this forces Ervin off the roster?
It could. He could be told "it's an open competition, but based on the way we see this today, we wouldn't expect you to get a lot of carriers going forward." It all depends on whether you think you want to keep him or you don't really need him.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
It could. He could be told "it's an open competition, but based on the way we see this today, we wouldn't expect you to get a lot of carriers going forward." It all depends on whether you think you want to keep him or you don't really need him.
I’d wait to see how he recovers from the injury, have him participate in Spring Ball, assess, evaluate & discuss then. There doesn’t seem to be a compelling reason to cut him - or anyone else - right now.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’d wait to see how he recovers from the injury, have him participate in Spring Ball, assess, evaluate & discuss then. There doesn’t seem to be a compelling reason to cut him - or anyone else - right now.
Is he going to be ready for spring ball? I'm just thinking from his perspective that they just took a back who pretty much 100% redundant with his skillset and if he sticks around and loses a competition in the fall his options are probably squeezed pretty thin

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is he going to be ready for spring ball? I'm just thinking from his perspective that they just took a back who pretty much 100% redundant with his skillset and if he sticks around and loses a competition in the fall his options are probably squeezed pretty thin
I truly don’t know what his recovery prognosis or timeline is, but the summer portal window gives him more options than he has now, IMO.

PLUS … with “The Simulation” lurking in the background, Spring Ball is probably when critical injuries will happen and thin out an already thin RB room.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I truly don’t know what his recovery prognosis or timeline is, but the summer portal window gives him more options than he has now, IMO.

PLUS … with “The Simulation” lurking in the background, Spring Ball is when critical injuries will happen and thin out an already thin RB room.
FIFY

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Told you...
I didn’t say you were wrong or I was right. I didn’t say I knew anything at all about his recruitment. I only made an observation. If you’d like a trophy of some kind though I can surely arrange that.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds