Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you still have faith in frost?

Do you still have faith that frost can get this turned around?

• Yes

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • No

Votes: 35 54.7%

• Total voters
Yes.

I think Frost will get 7+ wins and head to a bowl game in 2021. Then he will make some changes to his staff on the offensive side of the ball.
Why wait until after Season 4 to make changes? Great leaders should be able to identify employees/coaches who are underachieving much sooner than that.

I have total faith in Fred Hoiberg turning around our basketball program but we also need to remember he came in with so much more experience than Scott as a Head Coach, and even Hoiberg's Assistant Coaches also had way more experience as a Head Coach than Frost did. HCFH brought in 2 former D-1 Coaches on his staff. Frost is learning and getting experience on our dime right now whereas Fred already had the experience at the 2 highest levels. And then Fred saw the opportunity to upgrade at Asst Coach with the addition of Loesner and made the moves necessary. Moving his good friend Doc around shows you that Fred will do what it takes to improve the team.

I root for him to turn it around but I don’t think it’s very likely - seems like he’s got an insane ego - I would too if I went back and read all those “coach of destiny” posts 3 games into the 2017 season - and a disposition like Bo Pelini (if more controlled), plus a tendency toward buddy hires a la Bo Pelini as well.

Would love it if Nebraska stopped tripping over its own Dick and hired an actual professional vs. someone with ties, but alas I dream too big

you sure that was Peter North?
fun supernatural fandom GIF
It could have been someone else now that I think about it

Are we even mediocre-ish though? IMO that’s what we were under Bo. Now we’re Rutgers level bad.

Bo’s teams were above mediocre. For most programs 9-4 is a “good” year. Not great, but good.

when I say mediocre I mean the 5-7 to 7-5 range with a few years better and a few worse. I realize we’re currently on the lower end of that, but I don’t think we’re going to go forever without making a bowl game again .

No. You can only say “we’re on track” or “I see where this is going” so many times before it rings hallow. Words without tangible evidence or results is just Bullshit.

yes. he is doing a great job of overhauling the roster especially on the lines, where we have been getting it handed to us since 2000

Reactions: Toe
yes. he is doing a great job of overhauling the roster especially on the lines, where we have been getting it handed to us since 2000
OL seems promising. I’m not impressed with front 7 on defense. We need to see them get pressure on the QB at some point.

I do, but I think this is a huge prove it year. Our skill position talent has just been fucked for years. Shit, our last offensive player taken in the first 3 rounds was Abdullah in 2015 (last OL in the first 3 rounds was Spencer Long in 2014). Even a mid-late rounder Burkhead, Helu, Enunwa, or Kenny Bell type would go a long way. I'm hoping the improved talent level at wide receiver and a few years of building up the OL and recruiting guys to our system there pays off this year.

Yes but the leash is thin, only reason I still have a little bit of faith is because he got rid of Walters made the moves to make the team hugely upgraded at the WR position. I think most of the problems with the 2019/2020 offense was with WR play. Yeah Adrian sucks but when the only dudes you are throwing to to are 5’10 dudes who aren’t even fast or walk on who literally run 4.9 40s (Warner) your offense is going to be thrown off if guys can’t get open. Defense is a non issue for me, i also think he got absolute shit culture handed to him by Merk Riley, that takes time to get rid off and he’s gotten all those turds cleaned out.

I’m not impressed with front 7 on defense. We need to see them get pressure on the QB at some point.

The lack of QB pressure is mainly down just one position where we've been weak. In a 3-4, typically one of your OLBs is more of a coverage guy like Jojo, and the other is more your pass rush guy. We've been missing that legit rush OLB since Bob Debacle was here. Missing out on Popeye Williams in the 2022 class really sucks - he's exactly the kind of guy this defense has been desperately missing. As it stands, it looks like Payne is gonna be the guy handling that role this year. If reports are to be believed, he should at least be serviceable, if not exactly stellar.

Also, don't expect the front 3 in this defense to put up big numbers - that's not their job. They're mostly there to chew up as many blocks as they can, while the OLBs are the real attack dogs. The front three have actually been pretty stout the last couple years, I like what Tuioti has been doing there.

Was this an intentional reference to both Bo and Mike, a typo, or something different?

Also, did you request that your membership status be "whiteclaw connoisseur," or was that punishment from one of the mods?
Intentional typo, like typing Corch instead of coach. And i just love whiteclaws man nothing else to it

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back