Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Do you light fireworks on or near the 4th or are you not a Redneck? (1 Viewer)

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
When I was a teenager bottle rocket fights and roman candle fights were FAF....now that I have teenagers....not so funny.

I am hoping it's about 90 degrees out and 70% humidity for that night as I wait for 2 or 3 minutes as my youngest kid lights another tank or lady finger. and my older boys fight because they can't be patient. Should be a fun night...

huskermack

Offensive
Elite Member
tPB OG
My neighbor gets incredibly pissed at me for lighting off a brick of bottle rockets each year.
She yells out her window every time.

The risk of fire here is pretty high, and her daughter is a firefighter - so I kind of understand her perspective.
However, I do feel that she hates America and every freedom it stands for.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
When I was a teenager bottle rocket fights and roman candle fights were FAF....now that I have teenagers....not so funny.

I am hoping it's about 90 degrees out and 70% humidity for that night as I wait for 2 or 3 minutes as my youngest kid lights another tank or lady finger. and my older boys fight because they can't be patient. Should be a fun night...

We have a realist on our hands. Some people would call it cynical....I call it realistical.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
You would not be a redneck. I encourage people to light em up and enjoy!

Although I won't have ANY.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
OGC.a1d176ba3705230380ed32b85b1d7a6f

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
When I was a little kid I used to throw those little snappers around

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

One summer we decided it would be a good idea to have roman candle fights between my friends cars driving around about fifty through the residential areas of my home town. Good Times 🤣

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
In Colorado we have the lame fireworks, nothing can leave the ground. Growing up me and my dad would drive up to Wyoming to get the cool stuff. We're always in a fire ban come July so it's pretty lame. I got slapped with a $1,000 fine in College for lighting off a big boy multi-shot during a "fire ban"

joe dirt kicking wing GIF

Last edited:

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
When I was a kid, I was lighting black cats off in the driveway, a cop rolled down the street pretty much right as I lit it, mom told me to hold on to it so I didn't do anything the officer's car. Me being like 8 I didn't think much of the instruction, black cat exploded in my hand and left a HELL of a wound that burned, hurt, pounded, pulsated, for like a full day. Awesome bruising and coloring for a couple weeks. Now a days I like to light a few off but enjoy much more tossing back a few bud heavys and watching them go into the sky.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds