Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dispiriting graphic found on twitter. (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

62c6033e66654096251130.gif

Last edited:

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sadly, this is 100% correct. We have the worst head coach in our conference.
While he is last in the B10 currently and he has struggled to put all the pieces together at the same time, I also feel like he truly has been as close as you can and have this record. There are career bad coaches out there and there are coaches that learn. He had a major learning curve, stubborn issues, bad roster at times, assistant coach issues, major roster turnover etc…. But there is this feeling that if given the chance to stay he’ll progressively get better and be a career good coach. Hate to be tPb white knight, coach frost apologist but being a realist, I’m betting my take is pretty accurate. Let’s see how this season goes and how much time he gets to keep evolving.
You all can stone me if I’m wrong.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
While he is last in the B10 currently and he has struggled to put all the pieces together at the same time, I also feel like he truly has been as close as you can and have this record. There are career bad coaches out there and there are coaches that learn. He had a major learning curve, stubborn issues, bad roster at times, assistant coach issues, major roster turnover etc…. But there is this feeling that if given the chance to stay he’ll progressively get better and be a career good coach. Hate to be tPb white knight, coach frost apologist but being a realist, I’m betting my take is pretty accurate. Let’s see how this season goes and how much time he gets to keep evolving.
Nearly all of the things you listed are self-inflicted. Most people would be more forgiving if there was any evidence that he was a good coach but was truly the victim of things outside of his control.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Nearly all of the things you listed are self-inflicted. Most people would be more forgiving if there was any evidence that he was a good coach but was truly the victim of things outside of his control.
You might be right but I’d say just wait & see where it goes

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just wanted to notify you you're on the potential ban list today for being overly optimistic.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Well "last in the big 10 currently" is going into year 5. So he's actually gotten progressively worse. Now, I will concede that when you are currently the worst coach in the league, the odds are greater that you will improve going forward than further implode.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

That feeling that makes you think he will get better is the fact that he played for Nebraska and is from Wood River. That’s it. That’s the only reason.

There is no realistic reason to think he’s anything but a bad Power 5 coach after 5 years of the same shit.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Well "last in the big 10 currently" is going into year 5. So he's actually gotten progressively worse. Now, I will concede that when you are currently the worst coach in the league, the odds are greater that you will improve going forward than further implode.
Tbf you're basing him getting worse as the perception of those ranking him both then and now.

I don't think he's actually gotten worse. I think he was overrated based on his success at UCF. He could potentially be underrated currently and overrated previously. I'm not willing to say he is currently underrated but I am willing to say it's possible.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
When Turd restructured his contract after last year he even admitted the evidence isn’t there for Frost to turn it around.

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
When Turd restructured his contract after last year he even admitted the evidence isn’t there for Frost to turn it around.
It is kind of amazing that in the age of analytics, you couldn't get enough people with power on board with the evidence that guys who start off with four losing seasons never become your program's answer.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds