Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dismal

Other cousins mule on the Dismal and his kids mule
View attachment 1521
View attachment 1522

I've never taken down a trophy, but the asshole kid that gets to hunt our ground in Buffalo region took three wall-mounters as a 12, 13, and 14 year old. He's a good kid, but damn, it pisses me off. I think he starts medical school at UNMC in the fall.

This is the best whitetail that has been harvested on our ground since we've owned it:

1610685012091.png

The picture isn't great, but it's the only one I have that only has people I don't know in it. It scored ~200 wet, mainly due to height and not spread.

At any rate, I envy people that have access to land like yours on the dismal. I also sort of envy people that are teenagers who harvest trophy animals. They will likely be disappointed for many years to come.

Except for that asshole medical student who has three wall mounts at the age of 23 while hunting on my ground. I kinda hate him, even though I really like him.

whats going on, are they having problems? I was out there last year and thought everything was awesome (had heard some bad Dismal stories under previous owners).

hope everything is all good, really love that place.

That’s not on the Dismal. I believe it’s Longpine maybe.
I honestly don’t know where it was. All he’d say is that it was Nebraska and it was legal. He has connections though. He’s friends with the Turner’s, so it may be on Ted’s land. Not sure

tenor.gif

Anyone have recs for a black bear hunt? My Dad has it in his head that he wants to shoot a bear.

He is a gun hunter and damn near 70 so looking for something low impact for him.
Low impact bear hunt sounds difficult to accomplish.

Go into Scheels or Cabelas. They have a lot of connections for that stuff.

Low impact bear hunt sounds difficult to accomplish.

Go into Scheels or Cabelas. They have a lot of connections for that stuff.
Lots are low impact if going for black bear. Most are hunted over bait sites. I’m going in 2022 to Wilderness Family Outfitters in Saskatchewan. Will be my first bear trip.
Can find options around $2k if you are going with an outfitter—DIY always cheaper.

One of the best meats on the planet is black bear after they've been feasting on tundra blueberries all summer. The meat is sweet and has a slight blueish tint.
True story.
The best game meat I’ve EVER had was a berry black bear.
Like a gummy bear?

Anyone have recs for a black bear hunt? My Dad has it in his head that he wants to shoot a bear.

He is a gun hunter and damn near 70 so looking for something low impact for him.
What kind of rifle is he planning to shoot the black bear with?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back