Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

December recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

Husker1

Defensive Lineman
So they're trying to go:
1. Raiola
2. Sanders
3. Tarver
4. Williams
5. Miami LB (I assume this could be a freebie because he may not qualify anyways?)

Is that right? Are there any of the other croots who haven't had in homes or official visits who may find themselves signing elsewhere Wednesday?
Cool cool cool so 37 more DB/LB/Rover types and zero RB’s or DL. Awesome!

Husker1

Defensive Lineman
I agree we need to add a RB, do we REALLY need to add on the DL? Don't we have basically our 3 deep back this year? Seems like next year will be a DL heavy class.
I would say you always want to add at least one solid DL every class due to injury/attrition/portal/graduation. Further, good DL are hard to come by and it seems we are very good at evaluating that position, so really no excuse not to make room in this class (especially relative to other positions of focus in this class).

It’s weird because we are being really aggressive on OL recruiting the last two years.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Cool cool cool so 37 more DB/LB/Rover types and zero RB’s or DL. Awesome!
They do have a lot of young DL + Ashton Murphy, but I don't know why the need to go heavy on DB.

Still a bit perplexed on how they're handling RB given that half of their returning scholarship backs are coming off of significant new injuries.

DB/LB/Rover is 8 of the 11 spots on defense so theoretically it makes sense, but I do wonder if you'll see a fair number of spring departure of 'transition class' DBs they took

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I would say you always want to add at least one solid DL every class due to injury/attrition/portal/graduation. Further, good DL are hard to come by and it seems we are very good at evaluating that position, so really no excuse not to make room in this class (especially relative to other positions of focus in this class).

It’s weird because we are being really aggressive on OL recruiting the last two years.
If I'm not mistaken, isn't Ashton Murphy projected on the DL?

Also, they already have 1 that they really like in 2025 with Tyson Terry.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds