Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dear Insidehers (1 Viewer)

Grits and Gravy

NOT A MOD
Elite Member
tPB OG
We made the sexy hire in 2018, now look at us!

rightsaidfred-gif.151300

We're too sexy for our wins!

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Cockeyes made an unsexy hire in 1998 and here we are.

giphy.gif

This was Kirk's year to finally get that national title. What are the odds that a team of that caliber suffers two one in a lifetime upsets in the same season?

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
We have tried it multiple ways and things haven’t worked out for Nebraska fans. Now we would be happy with Bo Pelini results.
NU has never done an actual coaching search since they hired Devaney.

Solich - TO went behind the University's back and named him head coach
Callahan - mad scramble b/c Pederson fired Solich w/o a replacement and thought he could hire anyone he wanted
Pelini - TO was choosing b/t Pelini & Gill. No real search
Riley - Hired the polar opposite of Pelini. No real search as Eichorst always wanted Riley
Frost - Tradition Coalition told Moos that Frost was the next coach no matter what

Go out and get the best fucking coach you can. NU hasn't had a problem with firing coaches...the real problem is the coaches they have hired.

Enough with crybaby, no one would come here bullshit. Nobody knows that b/c NU has never really tried to go out and hire the best they could since hiring Devaney.

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member

Callahan - mad scramble b/c Pederson fired Solich w/o a replacement and thought he could hire anyone he wanted
Riley - Hired the polar opposite of Pelini. No real search as Eichorst always wanted Riley
Frost - Tradition Coalition told Moos that Frost was the next coach no matter what

Go out and get the best fucking coach you can. NU hasn't had a problem with firing coaches...the real problem is the coaches they have hired.

Enough with crybaby, no one would come here bullshit. Nobody knows that b/c NU has never really tried to go out and hire the best they could since hiring Devaney.
My only opinion on the coaching search right now is they need to do a thorough, national search and find the best coach available. I really don’t have a personal preference. I think this is the feeling most should take. And I’ve said a few times I feel Turd is humble enough to not want to be the smartest guy in the room, and let a search committee do it’s job.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

A lot of people thought Frost was the best candidate at the time. He was the home run hire and it didn’t work. Go back and read any publication. He was considered in the top group of guys which was Fisher, kelly, and Mullen.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
A lot of people thought Frost was the best candidate at the time. He was the home run hire and it didn’t work. Go back and read any publication. He was considered in the top group of guys which was Fisher, kelly, and Mullen.

I agree completely. It was at the time considered a homerun hire. And I also believe it was the hire that needed to happen at NU. NU had to make that hire. Unfortunately, it has been a complete failure.

Now, I guess the point I was trying to make is that NU finally has the ability to do a REAL coaching search that hasn't been seen since before Devaney.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds