Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Dave Doeren (3 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
We've all seen Tim Becks offense over the years and know what it is and isnt capable of.
Would you take Beck over what weve seen the past 6 years?
I would take Tim Beck in a heartbeat over the trash ass shit we've had the last two coaching staffs. Frost's offense's were okay, but never put up the numbers that he wanted or what most people expected outside of a few games vs trash ass opponents.

And I'm all out on these people wanting to be like Cockeye or Wisconsin or Michigan. Nebraska can get athletes to run a spread system. The problem has been OL. If you want to be more like Minnesota, that's fine with me. But these dipshits saying we need to stop trying to be like Ohio State. GFTO. That's a loser's mentality.

Just get an OC that runs a fucking system. A system, where they have identity plays they run.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I would take Tim Beck in a heartbeat over the trash ass shit we've had the last two coaching staffs. Frost's offense's were okay, but never put up the numbers that he wanted or what most people expected outside of a few games vs trash ass opponents.

And I'm all out on these people wanting to be like Cockeye or Vadgers or Michigan. Nebraska can get athletes to run a spread system. The problem has been OL. If you want to be more like Minnesota, that's fine with me. But these dipshits saying we need to stop trying to be like Ohio State. GFTO. That's a loser's mentality.

Just get an OC that runs a fucking system. A system, where they have identity plays they run.
Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

And I'm all out on these people wanting to be like Cockeye or Vadgers or Michigan. Nebraska can get athletes to run a spread system. The problem has been OL. If you want to be more like Minnesota, that's fine with me. But these dipshits saying we need to stop trying to be like Ohio State. GFTO. That's a loser's mentality.

god damn it - you can't stop being right. What's that like @slattimer ? Spot on once again.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Doeren reminds me of Mendenhall.

This is the tier of coach that would be a disappointment in my mind:
Doeren​
Mendenhall​
Monken​
Campbell​
Leipold​
BoB​

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Doeren​
Mendenhall​
Monkey Tits​
Campbell​
Leipold​
BoB​
How can you put BoB in that group?

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

Doeren​
Mendenhall​
Monkey Tits​
Campbell​
Leipold​
BoB​
I wouldn't be disappointed if it were Doeren or Mendenhall personally. But I also hold them in higher regard than most. But that's just me.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Sipmeister claims he’d take the job of offered.

Say he’s the coach would you be ok with Tim Beck coming back.
Also his WR coach is Joker Phillips, would you be ok with him as the wr coach and Mickey phased out?
probably a lot of guys would take the job if offered. What does that mean?

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I mean, I would rather Doeren over Monkey Tits, but that doesn't mean I want Doeren either.

If we can take Garrison from him, I'm okay with that after Rhule gets hired.
I'm the opposite. I'd rather have Munken

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds