Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rumor CT hand injury (false) (2 Viewers)

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
A buddy told me that there was rumblings (he has a decent source, it’s not the World Wide Web in general) of CT getting his hand hurt and he’s being evaluated now. I also saw on a discord server the same thing adding that he got hurt on the scramble bomb. Logan came in on next series which adds credence that he was being checked out. Did anyone see him favoring the hand or anything on TV?

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Co-worker of mine asked if I saw someone slap his hand hard after that scramble play. Said he looked like he winced and was in pain. I haven't gone back to watch that play to see. Would make sense why he threw some ducks in the 4th quarter though.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think we're maybe grasping at straws to avoid the uncomfortable realization that like A Magic, he can play like Mahomes or play like @Black Dean after killing a case of Busch light in 2 hours.
or he hurt his hand again, which would explain why his play got worse as the game went on

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Saw that during the game and thought he was just sort of not paying attention to Washington. But you could see how it could be him avoiding contact on his hand. Who knows.

I really hope that onside kick call wasn't made with knowledge that the QB was injured.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
A buddy told me that there was rumblings (he has a decent source, it’s not the World Wide Web in general) of CT getting his hand hurt and he’s being evaluated now. I also saw on a discord server the same thing adding that he got hurt on the scramble bomb. Logan came in on next series which adds credence that he was being checked out. Did anyone see him favoring the hand or anything on TV?
I think the play you’re thinking of was when he tackled Mitchell after he got intercepted in the 3rd quarter.

He made the tackle, Northwestern scored, then Smothers started the next series.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I did notice him favoring the hand by completely missing WRs the rest of the game.

Also I did mention that he broke his thumb all the way off

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I did notice him favoring the hand by completely missing WRs the rest of the game.

Also I did mention that he broke his thumb all the way off
A fan in an Uber Saturday night said the Uber driver told him saw a dog near the stadium after the game running off with what looked to be a human thumb in its mouth

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
or he hurt his hand again, which would explain why his play got worse as the game went on
Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

Toe

Wide Receiver
Saw that during the game and thought he was just sort of not paying attention to Washington. But you could see how it could be him avoiding contact on his hand.

Thompson wasn't even looking in Washington's direction at the point when Washington reached his hand out.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
No, the Uber driver backed it up. Said CT had been in his car a couple days earlier and he saw his thumb in the rear view mirror while CT was texting. Said he'd recognized that thumb anywhere.
Guess we'll see in the practice report if he's missing a thumb or a hand. Guy I talked to is friends with a girl Casey likes to use as a booty call's cousin. He's seen Casey's hand a million times and the cab driver verbally described it exactly. When he said the name Casey Thompson the cab driver immediately knew that was right because he saw his name in a flyer for the game that he distributed in his other job.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds