Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CT back? (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Casey's already 24 so 25 next year I wonder if that will have any impact on his decision.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
And I might've missed it. Is Sims aware he's returning? If not, I wonder if that effects his transfer into Nebraska?

Every B1G team needs two starter-level QB's.

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
It just says that CT's father says CT isn't going anywhere. I'm just curious if they feel the same after CT misses spring ball and Sims has taken all the snaps.

Difficult to predict that, but Casey is a student of the game.

I truly believe they'll pick the best out of those two. Meaning, they won't necessarily go with Sims because they brought him here. Rhule seems smarter than that.

aBgRdFn

Linebacker
Elite Member
“Just so the record shows, we were aware they were going to take either a high school or portal quarterback. I know a lot of people wonder what our thoughts on Sims are. Our thought is, ‘Welcome to the room, but we came to Nebraska to play football, not watch.’”

-Charles Thompson

BIGSTICK67

Elite Member
tPB OG
“Just so the record shows, we were aware they were going to take either a high school or portal quarterback. I know a lot of people wonder what our thoughts on Sims are. Our thought is, ‘Welcome to the room, but we came to Nebraska to play football, not watch.’”

-Charles Thompson

200w.gif

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yeah he’s back already working on learning Satterfields offense . Will be back to throwing in the summer & ready to go come fall ball . I can’t see Casey losing the job to anyone in the QB room right now but we’ll likely need both CT & Sims next year to make it through the season

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Difficult to predict that, but Casey is a student of the game.

I truly believe they'll pick the best out of those two. Meaning, they won't necessarily go with Sims because they brought him here. Rhule seems smarter than that.

CT is not losing the job to Sims
I agree they won't necessarily start Sims. I just think it'll be interesting since CT will miss the spring. Sims isn't coming here to sit either. Good problem to have.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion

-Charles Thompson
When I was told hudson card was visiting (which didnt happen obviousy) Charles was pissed but Casey said "idc i'll just beat him out again" lmao

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member

-Charles Thompson

God I just cringe reading, “We came to Nebraska to play”…

I can’t imagine ever saying that as a dad, if my kid is in that situation I 10000% say, “I just know my son is working hard and excited for any move that could make the team better.” Then I’d never have a quote in the paper because I’d be too boring.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
Every B1G team needs two starter-level QB's.

I can't think of a single team in the B1G that has had that situation since NU joined the conference, but I do agree it is ideal.

Perhaps a lot of B1G teams had two sub-par starter-level QBs, and then there was the case of Braxton Miller vs Joe Bauserman.

Managing two starter-level QBs these days will be much more difficult for any coach.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds