Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Countdown till Gameday - 100 days (2 Viewers)

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
I am not doing this again, but I am going to bump this because I think it is fucking cool to look back on.

100 days till kickoff
do it party hard GIF

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Hey! We’re going to Charleston this summer! Any recs??
Plenty.

The food. Get ready for half of your budget to be good restaurants. They all compete, so you’ll get great choices anywhere.

With that said, towards the end of E Bay Street, check out Pearlz, Ru Ru, and Blind Tiger Pub. Brown Dog Deli for their sandwiches and Off-Track for phenomenal ice cream are great as well. Sweetwater Cafe for breakfast/brunch after walking Market Street in the morning. Circe’s Grotto for their sandwiches. Vincent Chico’s for Italian. Pour Taproom for top floor beers.

The two things I recommend for food in Charleston is walk everywhere; you’ll burn a lot of calories. And avoid Hyman’s. Their seafood is pretty good, but it’s cramped and over-commercialized.

For activities, go to Folly Beach for a day. Plenty of eye-candy, but it’s really a nice beach. Some good restaurants right near the beach. If you’re driving there, parking sucks. If you’re going to Uber there, pre-schedule your rides, especially from Folly Beach. You’ll see less drivers go down there to pick up sandy people.

Do a ghost tour. They’re fun. Do a boat tour. They’re okay.

I should have more, but I’m drawing a blank on some of them.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Plenty.

The food. Get ready for half of your budget to be good restaurants. They all compete, so you’ll get great choices anywhere.

With that said, towards the end of E Bay Street, check out Pearlz, Ru Ru, and Blind Tiger Pub. Brown Dog Deli for their sandwiches and Off-Track for phenomenal ice cream are great as well. Sweetwater Cafe for breakfast/brunch after walking Market Street in the morning. Circe’s Grotto for their sandwiches. Vincent Chico’s for Italian. Pour Taproom for top floor beers.

The two things I recommend for food in Charleston is walk everywhere; you’ll burn a lot of calories. And avoid Hyman’s. Their seafood is pretty good, but it’s cramped and over-commercialized.

For activities, go to Folly Beach for a day. Plenty of eye-candy, but it’s really a nice beach. Some good restaurants right near the beach. If you’re driving there, parking sucks. If you’re going to Uber there, pre-schedule your rides, especially from Folly Beach. You’ll see less drivers go down there to pick up sandy people.

Do a ghost tour. They’re fun. Do a boat tour. They’re okay.

I should have more, but I’m drawing a blank on some of them.
Folly is also great but Sullivan's Island seems to be a lil less touristy but also has some good eating spots

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds