Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Could you land a 737 if your life depended on it? (1 Viewer)

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Let’s say you are on a cross country domestic flight aboard a 737 MAX sitting in seat 1a, you are the only man onboard besides the pilots, the rest of the passengers are women and children. Both the pilots have heart attacks and die. The attendants ask you to take over the controls in the cockpit and you now have to safely land the plane. You will have a technical advisor from the airline in the control tower guiding you through the process. You have access to whatever is normally available from the galley to calm your nerves (coffee, shooters, etc). The plane has no mechanical issues and if you fuck it up everyone including yourself dies. You have the option of landing at airport A where the conditions are clear and sunny but has a 15mph cross wind or airport B where it is low visibility cloudy but no crosswind. Could you do it?

Last edited:

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
No problem
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I’d just Google mid-flight on how to land the plane. Or message @Dean (AI) on how to land the 737.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Those things almost land themselves, don't they?

I've watched Kurt Russell do it with a 747 probably 10 times so, yes.

And then I'd get to bang Halle Barry, too...right?

greybeardedchild

Linebacker
Elite Member
If I can win a fistfight with a bear, I'm sure I could land a jet.
Actually had a coworker nerd once that figured he could easily do it, as well as set some records at Nurburgring due to his quality time in sims. His only actual real world talent was stacking empty Mountain Dew cans 5' high on his coffee table.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds