Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Colorado Workouts - FootballScoop (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Inside Colorado workouts with Deion Sanders: Coach Prime sets expectations for Buffaloes​

Deion Sanders is challenging players mentally, physically "to be winners"
Testimonials are fine and welcome, but most of all, Deion Sanders wants an authentic response as he peppers coaches and players alike inside Colorado’s team room with one simply question:
“What would make today lovely?” Sanders asks.
Responses range from “Knowing I got better” to “Getting another opportunity” to “Praising the Lord.”
Then, from Sanders, “Do you have the propensity to make the day better?
“You’re waiting on today, and today is waiting on you. You’re waiting on us, and we’re waiting on you.”

Sanders then continues his offseason rebuild of his first-ever Power 5 program, the Buffaloes, with more motivational tenets for his program and a glimpse inside the all-out competitions pitting the Colorado offensive players versus their defensive counterparts in pre-spring drills.

“I don’t have bad days,” Sanders says. “I can have a bad moment, I can have a bad minute or a bad hour, but I would never allow it to get to a point where I’m having a bad day. You do not have the remote control to my life to turn me off and on, high and low.
“We’re winners. You’ve got to start thinking that. I see about a quarter y’all thinking that.
“We’re winners, and we start winning by when we wake up. Thank the Lord for this day. Let’s win today. Let’s not walk on the field, period. We’re running and hustling, encouraging one another, pushing one another.”

Video from the Colorado workout shows the players competing in everything from sled drills to farmer’s carries to sprints, shuttles and more. Even broad jumps.
“If we can’t jump on two feet,” a Colorado strength coach yells, “then what kind of athlete are we?”
Per the film’s subtitles, the Buffaloes’ defensive players win the day. But Sanders’ message carries a greater theme.

“Quit saving it,” Sanders demands of his players. “What are you saving it for? Give every dern thing you got. How long is a play? Five seconds. Give every dern thing you got for that 5!”
Coach Prime and the Buffaloes have less than 175 days until they debut together Sept. 2 against defending College Football Playoff runner-up TCU.

Caution - video is 23 minutes of Buff workouts

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whether or not you think it is phony, Sanders has been outspoken about his belief in Jesus since 1997 (his marriage was breaking up, he drove off a 40 foot cliff in a suicide attempt, he survived unharmed, and immediately devoted himself to Jesus and gave up his old lifestyle. He started Bible readings with his teammates, for example). It is surprising that Colorado, a public university in a Boulder, hired him. They are getting bombarded with criticism for allowing him to talk about his religion, even lawsuits, from groups that think he has no business talking like this on a state university campus. Wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being his downfall.

Last edited:

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Why can’t he say please when asking for his breakfast?

Preaching running on the field but drives his scooter and rides his bike….

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why can’t he say please when asking for his breakfast?

Preaching running on the field but drives his scooter and rides his bike….
He does have serious leg issues

In March 2022, during an episode of the SMAC Entertainment and Barstool Sports series Coach Prime, Deion opened up about the procedures he had on his injured foot in 2021. The former athlete revealed that he was diagnosed with three life-threatening blood clots, which led to his having two toes amputated on his left foot.

The episode detailed the operation and his three-week stay in a Mississippi hospital.

According to USA Today, the blood clots "started at his calf and ran the entire length of his leg and he developed compartment syndrome, which involves muscle pressure reaching levels that can limit the flow of blood and oxygen." After doctors told him about the amputation, Deion called his mother. She informed him that family members, including herself, had been diagnosed with or died from blood clots.

"They
were first talking about the amputation of toes, then the amputation of my leg from knee down, and then they were trying to ensure that I had life," Deion said in Coach Prime. After numerous surgeries, he had his big toe and second toe on his left foot amputated. Deion also lost 35 pounds during his hospital stay, according to USA Today.

"The hardest thing of it all was to look down there and see that and understand once upon a time you were this type of athlete and [now] you don't even know if you're gonna walk because all you feel is pain and you just want to get out of the hospital," he explained. Deion added that it was tough to ask for help with ordinary tasks but assured fans that he would recover.

"It's been a long journey. I am on the road back," he said. "But I am here, and I am thankful."...
"They told me my foot has been dislocated for 18 years," he told Shannon (Sharpe) adding that as a college head coach, "I can make it through three quarters of a game, and after that, I'm limping like crazy. It's my new normal."

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
He does have serious leg issues

In March 2022, during an episode of the SMAC Entertainment and Barstool Sports series Coach Prime, Deion opened up about the procedures he had on his injured foot in 2021. The former athlete revealed that he was diagnosed with three life-threatening blood clots, which led to his having two toes amputated on his left foot.

The episode detailed the operation and his three-week stay in a Mississippi hospital.

According to USA Today, the blood clots "started at his calf and ran the entire length of his leg and he developed compartment syndrome, which involves muscle pressure reaching levels that can limit the flow of blood and oxygen." After doctors told him about the amputation, Deion called his mother. She informed him that family members, including herself, had been diagnosed with or died from blood clots.

"They
were first talking about the amputation of toes, then the amputation of my leg from knee down, and then they were trying to ensure that I had life," Deion said in Coach Prime. After numerous surgeries, he had his big toe and second toe on his left foot amputated. Deion also lost 35 pounds during his hospital stay, according to USA Today.

"The hardest thing of it all was to look down there and see that and understand once upon a time you were this type of athlete and [now] you don't even know if you're gonna walk because all you feel is pain and you just want to get out of the hospital," he explained. Deion added that it was tough to ask for help with ordinary tasks but assured fans that he would recover.

"It's been a long journey. I am on the road back," he said. "But I am here, and I am thankful."...
"They told me my foot has been dislocated for 18 years," he told Shannon (Sharpe) adding that as a college head coach, "I can make it through three quarters of a game, and after that, I'm limping like crazy. It's my new normal."
Okay so that seems excused. Still should say “please” when asking for his meal.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
Like it or not, a public university employee is a government employee and with it comes them pesky rules about church/state.

Now I personally don't give a shit if Jesus is important to Deion and he chooses to share that with his players in a way that doesn't force their behavior/he doesn't punish them for their non-beliefs if that's what they so choose, but as they say thems the rules.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Inside Colorado workouts with Deion Sanders: Coach Prime sets expectations for Buffaloes​

Deion Sanders is challenging players mentally, physically "to be winners"
Testimonials are fine and welcome, but most of all, Deion Sanders wants an authentic response as he peppers coaches and players alike inside Colorado’s team room with one simply question:
“What would make today lovely?” Sanders asks.
Responses range from “Knowing I got better” to “Getting another opportunity” to “Praising the Lord.”
Then, from Sanders, “Do you have the propensity to make the day better?
“You’re waiting on today, and today is waiting on you. You’re waiting on us, and we’re waiting on you.”

Sanders then continues his offseason rebuild of his first-ever Power 5 program, the Buffaloes, with more motivational tenets for his program and a glimpse inside the all-out competitions pitting the Colorado offensive players versus their defensive counterparts in pre-spring drills.

“I don’t have bad days,” Sanders says. “I can have a bad moment, I can have a bad minute or a bad hour, but I would never allow it to get to a point where I’m having a bad day. You do not have the remote control to my life to turn me off and on, high and low.
“We’re winners. You’ve got to start thinking that. I see about a quarter y’all thinking that.
“We’re winners, and we start winning by when we wake up. Thank the Lord for this day. Let’s win today. Let’s not walk on the field, period. We’re running and hustling, encouraging one another, pushing one another.”

Video from the Colorado workout shows the players competing in everything from sled drills to farmer’s carries to sprints, shuttles and more. Even broad jumps.
“If we can’t jump on two feet,” a Colorado strength coach yells, “then what kind of athlete are we?”
Per the film’s subtitles, the Buffaloes’ defensive players win the day. But Sanders’ message carries a greater theme.

“Quit saving it,” Sanders demands of his players. “What are you saving it for? Give every dern thing you got. How long is a play? Five seconds. Give every dern thing you got for that 5!”
Coach Prime and the Buffaloes have less than 175 days until they debut together Sept. 2 against defending College Football Playoff runner-up TCU.

Caution - video is 23 minutes of Buff workouts

The only thing I know is that Deion will be gone after 3-4 years. He will either tear it up or flame out by then. I think he hired some quality assistants. The interesting thing is Prime’s staff lacks some diversity. It’s pretty white. I also didn’t know Bill O’Boyle ended up there.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
The only thing I know is that Deion will be gone after 3-4 years. He will either tear it up or flame out by then. I think he hired some quality assistants. The interesting thing is Prime’s staff lacks some diversity. It’s pretty white. I also didn’t know Bill O’Boyle ended up there.
He put together a pretty nice staff

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
He put together a good staff a Jackson St, too. Say what you will, he has good connections in football, knows who can coach, he is competitive as hell, and is a big believer in hard work (as anyone who played with him will tell you). At Jackson St, he let the assistants do their jobs and he took the CEO role.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He put together a good staff a Jackson St, too. Say what you will, he has good connections in football, knows who can coach, he is competitive as hell, and is a big believer in hard work (as anyone who played with him will tell you). At Jackson St, he let the assistants do their jobs and he took the CEO role.
I’m in the minority here, but I think he will do well and move on to bigger and better things after 3-4 years.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds