Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CoachPrime- 60 Minutes Interview (1 Viewer)

gtlacey

Linebacker

SIAP.

I was skeptical of CoachPrime when he first went to JSU, but after watching him win there, the 60 Minutes special on him (seek link above), and now on College Gameday this morning, I think he's going to be a very good P5 coach someday.

The 60 Min is worth the 13 minutes if you like college football. In the interview, he comes across as very disciplined and kinda old-school. I think it would be crazy for Turd to hire him (and <1% chance of happening), but it would simultaneously be awesome. An even more fun version of the LaneTrain.

MtnHusker

Legend
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I still remember watching a video of Prime giving a speech in a packed inner city high school auditorium. It's when he was on top of the football world and a polarizing figure. He strutted out on stage blinged out to the max in a flashy velour track suit. Kids went nuts. He knew how to work the crowd and got them fired up. Asked them if they wanted the gold watches, diamond studded earrings, gold chains, fancy cars... and they all went crazy. Then he proceeded to tell them that he got all of that because he stayed in school, stayed out of trouble and studied hard to get his diploma. His athletic success would not have happened if he didn't stay out of trouble and got the grades necessary to get into college. Not what those kids were expecting to hear, but needed to hear. No doubt he brings energy and a positive message. Really changed how I viewed Prime Time

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I still remember watching a video of Prime giving a speech in a packed inner city high school auditorium. It's when he was on top of the football world and a polarizing figure. He strutted out on stage blinged out to the max in a flashy velour track suit. Kids went nuts. He knew how to work the crowd and got them fired up. Asked them if they wanted the gold watches, diamond studded earrings, gold chains, fancy cars... and they all went crazy. Then he proceeded to tell them that he got all of that because he stayed in school, stayed out of trouble and studied hard to get his diploma. His athletic success would not have happened if he didn't stay out of trouble and got the grades necessary to get into college. Not what those kids were expecting to hear, but needed to hear. No doubt he brings energy and a positive message. Really changed how I viewed Prime Time
I think it was Bo telling a story about Prime with the Niners how a player on the defense wasn’t playing their assignment the right way but had success on the play. Prime let him have it because he wasn’t playing within the system. Bo also said he was one of the hardest workers. There is a lot to the guy behind the flash.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I think it was Bo telling a story about Prime with the Niners how a player on the defense wasn’t playing their assignment the right way but had success on the play. Prime let him have it because he wasn’t playing within the system. Bo also said he was one of the hardest workers. There is a lot to the guy behind the flash.
I have always been a huge prime time fan. The flash hurts a lot of peoples feelings. But the grind made it so he could be flashy.

I always say if you have the talent, talk your shit, just put in the work.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have always been a huge prime time fan. The flash hurts a lot of peoples feelings. But the grind made it so he could be flashy.

I always say if you have the talent, talk your shit, just put in the work.
Him and Michael Irvin probably had some epic games and practices talking shit and getting after it. The off the field fun had to be pretty good too.

doublewing

Running Back
When players are as physically talented and flashy like Sanders, people discount the work they put into being great players. It just becomes assumed that they roll out of bed better than everyone else and mail it in when it comes to practice and workouts.

Sanders worked his ass off to be where he's at. I got annoyed by his flash but have bought into what he's doing as a coach. Not sure how it translates to when he makes P5, but good for him on the success he's having now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds