Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Clemson #gone?? (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm a broken record, but I don't see anyone biting the no TV rights bullet from now until 2036
I think the story is that they have put together about 4 ACC teams that bolt together and negotiation an amount they all split so the cost per team is more palatable than it would be with one leaving by itself. USC Jr is trying to block Clemson from joining the SEC.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
lol lol lol - TigerNet consults a true expert

View attachment 27987
I think people forget this guy sort of sprang to prominence because he seemed to have a legit athletic department administration source who was telling him stuff about realignment & play stopping/starting in 2020 that was pretty accurate. He's mentioned talking to that source a couple times a year-ish.

At that point, he apparently became hooked on being an "insider," and started cribbing notes & throwing stuff at the wall from every message board rumor he could buy, and became a caricature on almost everything else.

IDK if his Wisconsin AD guy would have any knowledge about Clemson's activities. If that's his source, I'd expect it to be relatively accurate... if he's grabbing from somewhere else, then it's a crapshoot. Hard to tell anymore.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the story is that they have put together about 4 ACC teams that bolt together and negotiation an amount they all split so the cost per team is more palatable than it would be with one leaving by itself. USC Jr is trying to block Clemson from joining the SEC.
FSU was rumored to be negotiating an exit around $300 million. I obviously don't know what their bylaws look like or what is built into their TV deal with ESPN, but you'd hate to take a $40 million aav deal and have it evaporate because you let out your only teams with options

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I think people forget this guy sort of sprang to prominence because he seemed to have a legit athletic department administration source who was telling him stuff about realignment & play stopping/starting in 2020 that was pretty accurate. He's mentioned talking to that source a couple times a year-ish.

At that point, he apparently became hooked on being an "insider," and started cribbing notes & throwing stuff at the wall from every message board rumor he could buy, and became a caricature on almost everything else.

IDK if his Wisconsin AD guy would have any knowledge about Clemson's activities. If that's his source, I'd expect it to be relatively accurate... if he's grabbing from somewhere else, then it's a crapshoot. Hard to tell anymore.
A classic of the genre:

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
makes sense from clemson’s POV to hurry because their program is on the downhill slope. If they wait until the ACC contract ends, they may just be a small school in SC that once had a very good football program.

and I know, same for Nebraska. Thank God we moved while we could.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
makes sense from clemson’s POV to hurry because their program is on the downhill slope. If they wait until the ACC contract ends, they may just be a small school in SC that once had a very good football program.

and I know, same for Nebraska. Thank God we moved while we could.
We're untouchable as long as Nebraska fans turn on tv sets

RedSavage

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
We're untouchable as long as Nebraska fans turn on tv sets
Which will probably always be the case
vintage baby GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds