Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Chins to UCLA? (2 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Chip is no longer on the Hot Seat and was just given a 4 year extension. Amazing how that works when you start winning more games than you lose.
Chip has had 1 winning season in his last 4... He isn't on much better ground than Frost.. If either one have a bad year they are shit canned.

The only thing Chins could gain is a pay raise. Would you pay him 1.7 mil a year to be a DC?

Because by the time we give him a raise and you factor in cost of living that's likely what it would take.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Chip has had 1 winning season in his last 4... He isn't on much better ground than Frost.. If either one have a bad year they are shit canned.

The only thing Chins could gain is a pay raise. Would you pay him 1.7 mil a year to be a DC?

Because by the time we give him a raise and you factor in cost of living that's likely what it would take.

Not sure I believe that. What constitutes a shit year in yore opinion?

I think Frost is here for at least 2 more years as long as he doesn't win less than 5 games this year. 5 or more is gravy IMO. If Frost were to win 8+ like Chip did, then NU will most likely give him an extension like Chip got as well.

I believe Chins should get a nice raise. If it wasn't for him, NU's season of morale victories would not have been.

Last edited:

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG

I think Frost is here for at least 2 more years as long as he doesn't win less than 5 games this year. 5 or more is gravy IMO. If Frost were to win 8+ like Chip did, then NU will most likely give him an extension like Chip got as well.

I believe Chins. should get a nice raise. If it wasn't for him, NU's season of morale victories would not have been.
Chip is basically on a 1 year deal with a 4 year extension. That is basically table stakes in P5 football.

A move of confidence in the HC is extending him longer than the 4 years like Cockeye did with Ferntz

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I believe Chins should get a nice raise. If it wasn't for him, NU's season of morale victories would not have been.
Frost is gone if he doesn’t get to 6. He should be gone if he doesn’t get to 8, but it’s bowl or bust for him even if it’s a shit bowl.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Chip is basically on a 1 year deal with a 4 year extension. That is basically table stakes in P5 football.

A move of confidence in the HC is extending him longer than the 4 years like Cockeyes did with Ferntz
I bet Chip is fired after this year especially if Aranda is ready to jump there.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't know why Aranda would take that job.
The cover 3 guys said he would. They seem to have a pretty good handle with coaches and coaching moves. They say he wants to go back west. Nothing is a given though. I do have to give @Bootleg11 props for sharing that podcast. They do a good job.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
The cover 3 guys said he would. They seem to have a pretty good handle with coaches and coaching moves. They say he wants to go back west. Nothing is a given though. I do have to give @Bootleg11 props for sharing that podcast. They do a good job.
Yeah that podcast is excellent. I like Fornelli, Bud Elliott is a different cat but good info

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
Chins is a midwest guy through and through. I just can’t see him moving his wife and daughters out to LA.

Did i do that correctly Oklahoma fans? Haha

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm still skeptical, but they probably know better than I do

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm still skeptical, but they probably know better than I do
He grew up around a 100 miles from L.A. I assume they think he wants to go back home. It would make the pac 12 a better conference if he went to ucla and could take on Riley who is going to own that conference otherwise.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds