Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CFP on NYE (1 Viewer)

Go out or stay in?

• Get dressed up, fancy dinner, champagne, out all night

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Stay home, sweatpants, beer, pizza, football, bed by 11

Votes: 38 92.7%

• Total voters

LWFloridaHusker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Going out for supper and drinks with another couple, probably be home before 10. Weather is supposed to turn to shit late tonight so Saturday and Sunday are most likely going to suck at the feedlot
How much snow are they predicting over your way? I’ve heard 4-8 around Mankato.

jaihawk

Running Back
Elite Member
I freaking hate NYE... Loved it much more before I was married, as I could do what I want. I'm an introvert who would rather stay in, my wife is an extrovert who wants to party, party, party... Usually ends up being a bit of an argument in regards to what we're going to do. This year, I solved it... We both came down with COVID on Christmas, so no going out for us this year!

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I loved NYE in college. Randy Rogers always played in Stephenville that night. So much fun. Now..with kids…no chance I’m gonna be driving too much. So many idiots out on NYE.

I am smoking some bacon wrapped pickles..they are tasty

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah again why not tomorrow? Or at least at 4 pm today? Dumb
I believe it is b/c of the stupid fucking Rose Bowl. They act like the Rose Bowl is still a traditional and amazing bowl game that HAS to be played on New Years Day.

When the Rosebowl is part of the playoff, then the games are on NYD.

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Sweatpants and football by myself until 8 or 9 or so then will be hosting a medium sized group at my house for some mild debauchery. No interest in going out, would definitely rather just get a group together at a house.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I believe it is b/c of the stupid fucking Rose Bowl. They act like the Rose Bowl is still a traditional and amazing bowl game that HAS to be played on New Years Day.

That’s exactly the reason.

Black Dean

Dean but also Black
Insider
tPB OG
NYE is historically the worst amateur night out, though thanks to Uber & Lyft it isn't quite the evening of Russian roulette it used to be. We are planning an evening with six other couples, dinner, drinks & gummies (for those that do), and some CFB action for the menfolk. Since we're all over 60, shit doesn't get nearly as weird as it used to, but we've learned to expect the unexpected over the years. 40+ years of us celebrating together, FWIW.

Swingers ?

doublewing

Running Back

The Rose Bowl insists upon itself.

doublewing

Running Back
I blame boomers for the pointless worship of the Rose Bowl.
I thought it was completely stupid as a kid in the 80's. The Orange or Sugar Bowl would almost always decide who the national champion would be and yet they had to give this showcase to the Rose Bowl.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds