Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

CFP on NYE (1 Viewer)

Go out or stay in?

• Get dressed up, fancy dinner, champagne, out all night

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Stay home, sweatpants, beer, pizza, football, bed by 11

Votes: 38 92.7%

• Total voters

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
NYE is historically the worst amateur night out, though thanks to Uber & Lyft it isn't quite the evening of Russian roulette it used to be. We are planning an evening with six other couples, dinner, drinks & gummies (for those that do), and some CFB action for the menfolk. Since we're all over 60, shit doesn't get nearly as weird as it used to, but we've learned to expect the unexpected over the years. 40+ years of us celebrating together, FWIW.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Sparkling grape juice here. Trying not to drink since the Kung Flu is currently in my house. Want to keep the immune system in peak shape!

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
B. But I’m old and I’m also playing golf at 7:30 tomorrow.

doublewing

Running Back
One of the best things about outgrowing the bar scene is not going out on NYE. It was always a hassle and more stupid people that night than any other since it is rookies that can't hold their alcohol. Puke and fights are not my scene anymore.

I love having the CFP today. Look forward to chilling out and watching that then getting up early on Jan 1 and doing the same.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I never enjoyed going out on NYE. Every annoying fuck possible is out. If I was single I’d be out trying to plow though.
Same here. I think I’ve maybe had one or two fun nights out on New Year’s Eve. It’s usually shitty and cold in Nebraska, and this year is no different. I have a wedding reception to go to, and after that we might but a bar, but I don’t expect some real fun night.

Woodrow F Call

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going out for supper and drinks with another couple, probably be home before 10. Weather is supposed to turn to shit late tonight so Saturday and Sunday are most likely going to suck at the feedlot

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Going out for supper and drinks with another couple, probably be home before 10. Weather is supposed to turn to shit late tonight so Saturday and Sunday are most likely going to suck at the feedlot
Yep. Tomorrow looks like an involuntary "quarantine in place" day around these parts. I'll step outside again on Sunday to spark up the snowblower and deal with the aftermath. Tomorrow is a full day of sitting on my duff watching hut hut.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds