Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cam Smith to LIV Tour (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
angry mark cuban GIF

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
They’re 54 hole shotgun starts and the “winners purse” comes out of their guaranteed contract Monday. So no.

Wait prize money comes out of the guarantees they sign? So the big names could literally come in first or last and make they exact same money? What a farce.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
Always seem to be in agreement with you on most but not this. LIV once get a tv contract will be just as interesting as the pga.
I’m not sure how you think it will be just as entertaining other than it will have big names. There will be no “build-up” like traditional tournaments. The winner of the tournament could literally finish on hole 3 and for the most part, the rest of the field will have no clue because they are all playing at the same time.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not sure how you think it will be just as entertaining other than it will have big names. There will be no “build-up” like traditional tournaments. The winner of the tournament could literally finish on hole 3 and for the most part, the rest of the field will have no clue because they are all playing at the same time.
If they're all playing at the same time won't they all finish at the same time?

Johnny's got 7, 8, 9 left the 3 toughest holes. Jimmy has 1, 2, 3 left the 3 easiest holes and he's down by 3 strokes.

200.gif
Shampoo Shredder GIF

RedSeaRising

Commissioner
Elite Member
tPB OG

Damn. Interesting. Makes sense that they are offering these massive contracts then paying out by moving money from their left hand to the right.

I've been saying that eventually even the fucking Saudis are going to run out of money, especially now that they are dropping a trilli on the dystopian building city

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Always seem to be in agreement with you on most but not this. LIV once get a tv contract will be just as interesting as the pga.
TV contract will actually make it worse. Right now the lack of commercials is one of the pluses. I think the team aspect is the ONLY thing that would maybe make me watch. I heard that they’re looking for team sponsors ie) Srixon sponsoring a Japanese team led by Hideki and an adidas team lead by DJ. They also need to weed out the old and shitty golfers , stop changing teams and team captains every event. It’s got a long way to go and they’re already out 600+ million on player contracts. We’ll see

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds