Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Buss'n Compton Says Rhule (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
AAAAANDDDDD 2023 is year two of the rebuild because 2022 is year one under Mickey

so we will be .500 next year

After that = ROSE BOWL
Happy Kirk Cousins GIF

doublewing

Running Back
I'd be very happy with Rhule. I think he fits what we need better than most of the top tier candidates.

For the larger fanbase, Rhule is among a few coaches that if you said they would be our HC 2 years ago, people would have been elated. Fast forward 2 seasons and they act like we can do better. He's the same guy that built those other programs but they tend to forget that.

Sign him up and let the program rebuilding begin.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
Rhule made a comment while he was at Baylor about great it was that he was 3 or 4 hours from central Texas talent. Sipple wrote about it in a knock against him column saying he's never had to croot nationally.

It's pretty minor
Agree minor comment by Rhule. But Sip knocking him in column is more than he ever did to Frost. People pointing that out to him In their responses.

nscottie

Running Back
Elite Member
What did that dipshit say?
He quoted an old comment of Rhule‘s from his days at Baylor. Basically saying how great it was to recruit in central Texas without having to get on a plane and flying somewhere. He called it a “strike against Rhule” in his headline.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agree minor comment by Rhule. But Sip knocking him in column is more than he ever did to Frost. People pointing that out to him In their responses.
It's amazing that people look at things coaches say while working for someone as if that's their true feelings on it. I mean I'm sure he liked it a lot but that doesn't mean he can't like other things too

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
I'm getting .500 vibes at best if this is true.
I am getting vibes of PEAK PLAYER development, player retention, scheming to your players strengths, building from the trenches out, identifier of talent, proved player talent recognition, and last but NOT least is TOUGHNESS.

Pair this with potentially keeping Mickey on as AHC/PGC in name only/WRC + Bill as STC; and now you have excelled player development with excelled proven recruiting.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I like the fact that Rhule likes tough practices with actual football contact. Seems he's a grinder that only accepts hard work from his players. Will weed out the tissue paper softies, which we dont need/want anyway. Physical, tough teams are what we need to get back to. The whole program has accepted losing, it has infiltrated every aspect of how we play. I think Rhule can turn that around with his mindset.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
I am getting vibes of PEAK PLAYER development, player retention, scheming to your players strengths, building from the trenches out, identifier of talent, proved player talent recognition, and last but NOT least is TOUGHNESS.

Pair this with potentially keeping Mickey on as AHC/PGC in name only/WRC + Bill as STC; and now you have excelled player development with excelled proven recruiting.
COMING IN HAWT!

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

200.gif

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He quoted an old comment of Rhule‘s from his days at Baylor. Basically saying how great it was to recruit in central Texas without having to get on a plane and flying somewhere. He called it a “strike against Rhule” in his headline.
How do you read that as anything other than central Texas is great for recruiting? Somebody please tell Sip he's a moron for me.

Herbie

Quarterback
FWIW Mitch Sherman was on Hail Varsity. He thinks Rhule coaching at Nebraska is less than 50 percent. The way I read it is Rhule might turn Turd down.
I’m doubting if any of these people have any real idea of what’s going on. Even if Rhule was a greater than 35% chance of accepting they’d report it.
Rhule is the only real chatter that’s came out and they all just sound bitter they didn’t get the news… if there was any to give.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds