Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Brix update (1 Viewer)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The film I have seen of this kid, while admittedly a limited amount of film I have seen, was still very impressive. He looked like a true "that kid is gonna be really good" type of player from what I have seen. Really hope we land this kid, we need to restart the pipeline and that is much easier to do with high talent recruits coming in. Not that I don't hope we are also top-notch at developing O Line guys Like Tenopir and Young did and could, just that I also want us to be landing a top notch O Line kid every year.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
The film I have seen of this kid, while admittedly a limited amount of film I have seen, was still very impressive. He looked like a true "that kid is gonna be really good" type of player from what I have seen. Really hope we land this kid, we need to restart the pipeline and that is much easier to do with high talent recruits coming in. Not that I don't hope we are also top-notch at developing O Line guys Like Tenopir and Young did and could, just that I also want us to be landing a top notch O Line kid every year.
His tape kinda reminds me of Corcoran. Both top 100 rated recruits too. Hopefully we dont waste Brix like we did Corc

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
His tape kinda reminds me of Corcoran. Both top 100 rated recruits too. Hopefully we dont waste Brix like we did Corc

TBH, I don't really remember Corc's tape. But Brix' tape stood out to me. Small sample size, but I think the chances he ends up really good are pretty high.

Hopefully we get to see him do so as a Husker.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
I don't think K-State is the concern. I think most people believe that it is between Nebraska and Oklahoma....
It's pretty much 50/50 between OU and Nebraska for him at this point. OUs writers think he's OU bound and Nebraska writers think he's Nebraska bound.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
TBH, I don't really remember Corc's tape. But Brix' tape stood out to me. Small sample size, but I think the chances he ends up really good are pretty high.

Hopefully we get to see him do so as a Husker.
I put more stock in the fact that he has been recruited by top schools; the offer by Bama on his visit was a good confirmation of his talent to me..

He plays in the smallest school division in Cockeye. His school has a total enrollment of 169, so a lot of the guys he practices with and plays against would not be on the field if they went to the size of school most of our prospects are from. Hard to put much stock in the film, at least IMO.

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I put more stock in the fact that he has been recruited by top schools; the offer by Bama on his visit was a good confirmation of his talent to me..

He plays in the smallest school division in Cockeye. His school has a total enrollment of 169, so a lot of the guys he practices with and plays against would not be on the field if they went to the size of school most of our prospects are from. Hard to put much stock in the film, at least IMO.

I agree on all accounts. Which is why his film is at least somewhat suspect given the level of player he faces usually. He still looked really good, large yet mobile and just seemed to look like a top prospect. Tier 1 schools wanting him is the biggest tell, as you mentioned. Confirms top schools see the talent also.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

Him and Nelson are similar in that regard. Freak athletes and they have the measurables, but havent seen real competition yet

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds