Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Brix Fongbomb (1 Viewer)

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
espn nebraska GIF by College GameDay

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska positioned well to add a top prospect to 247Sports No. 25 ranked recruiting class​

The buzz here.​

Steve WiltfongSTEVE WILTFONG15 minsVIP5

Logan (Cockeye) Magnolia Top247 offensive tackle Grant Brix has been struggling to make a college decision, high on the likes of Nebraska, Oklahoma and Kansas State through much of his process.

Trying to trim the list to one, Brix attended a couple games this season making it back to Lincoln and Norman. The Wildcats have been slated for a potential return this weekend.

After talking to a couple sources with knowledge of the recruitment on Tuesday, it sounds like the Sooners may be starting to fade. Brix loves Bill Bedenbaugh and his track record and the stage OU plays on so perhaps they have another run in them. And Unless the Wildcats have risen over the last two weeks or so, I like the way all this sounds for the Huskers.

With that, I’ve logged a 247Sports Crystal Ball in favor of the Big Ten program.

Nebraska currently sits on 247Sports No. 25 ranked recruiting class and Brix has been one of the top prospects on the board for the entire cycle. Proximity to home and Matt Rhule’s reputation as a program builder stands out, and the staff had done a great job making Brix feel like he’s at home. Offensive line coach Donovan Raiola has been leading the charge on the trail.

247Sports ranks Brix as the No. 1 recruit in Ohio, No. 15 offensive tackle in the country and No. 182 prospect overall. He checks in as the No. 5 offensive tackle and No. 81 prospect in the country per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Brix will play in the All-American Bowl in January. 247Sports National Analyst Allen Trieu provides this scouting report.

“Was a lean junior but filled out more going into his senior season. Shows explosiveness off the snap. Athletic and fairly twitchy for a big man and his results in wrestling and throwing back up the gifts seen on the football tape. Plays with violence and tenacity. Plays with good pad level for the most part but has moments of playing high. Has the general flexibility to gain leverage advantages though. Runs well and can get into the second level, and has the same feet and quickness when getting out of his stance and into a pass set. Has to continue adding weight and strength, and will have to adjust to a higher level of competition in college, but has the tools and demeanor of a multi-year starter at a high-major program and potential NFL Draft choice. Is athletic enough to be a left tackle but not certain if he will be as long as teams want there but can project to several places along the offensive line.”

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'm following Oklahoma's Tater Island board waiting to see a meltdown. Someone just posted the Fong Bomb. I know this is old news, but a couple posts in they do not like their OL coach.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm following Oklahoma's Tater Island board waiting to see a meltdown. Someone just posted the Fong Bomb. I know this is old news, but a couple posts in they do not like their OL coach.
The one who was the only reason that they were in the mix to begin with?

Snockered69

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The meltdown the OU boards will be great to see. I’m with @HCFord1, recruitment has been odd and until he signs I won’t believe it. But in the meantime it’ll be fun seeing the updates from the OU board.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds