Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Brass Balls is back (1 Viewer)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
It was already bad during the height of the 2020 class, which all took place before Covid and when the team was recruiting at a really high level. The lack of scoops leading up to December 2019 NSD was outrageous and thought so even then.
I’m with you. I was new to the whole message board thing about 3 years ago and I thought they all sucked. Was never a fan of Nate. I like the numbers they bring to the table in articles talking about facts but as far as recruiting content regarding “inside info” or inside practice info they suck.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
He definitely is tight with Busch. I may be coming around on this idea.
It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Surprised Rivals isn't running a promotion to keep people from jumping ship. Annual memberships can't be the overwhelming majority of users can it?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
The thing is I really like Clouse as a personality on the boards, and it's not like Mongo is an improvement in any capacity. I just get really befuddled when people act like Callahan let go some invaluable asset.
Yeah I think it was mostly just the sliding scale of HOL. Clouse wasn't an invaluable asset in comparison to the average guy in the journalism biz, but he was capable of writing in complete sentences and had experience in the recruiting field so that alone made him a big loss for HOL. I'm not even sure what Mongo's backstory is, was he just a random poster who got elevated because he was willing to cold call recruits all day?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It seems his decline, lack of info, happened at the same time Frost was hired. It’s not like Dean or Mongo have faired any better. If he starts pumping out inside info again, it will be safe to say the rumors of Frost’s distain for Dean are true.
I have been vocal about my concerns that Dean was throttling down information to stay on Frost's good side. When did Dean ever write anything negative about Frost? He never took shots at a coach/program that was setting records for futility. Was widely rumored that Frost thought Dean was a joke so maybe Dean told the writers to serve up the Kool Aide in hopes of becoming BFF's with Frost. How many times would Dean claim he had the info but couldn't share it. I was questioning his journalistic integrity when it came to his reporting on matters like Frost, NIL, the future of the program..... GBR

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds