Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Big Red Overreaction (1 Viewer)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Our fans are idiots. All over Facebook, Reddit, the wild, they all think Rhule is a bad hire. I seriously don’t get it. Are they just that fucking stupid??? Does the inbred history of the program really run that deep?

I mean Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. Rhule has literally resurrected two programs from the depths of hell (quite literally in Baylor’s case) and won 10+ games. Baylor was an overtime away from making the CFP in year three!!! And look what Aranda has done since then….a bunch of meh.

Rhule is a great coach. I simply cannot comprehend how fucking stupid our fan base at large is. Do they watch any football?? Do they not know what Rhule has accomplished???? Or are they just that inbred and brainwashed by the TO cult????

Like fucking fuck me I can’t even engage these people they are so dumb.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Our fans are idiots. All over Facebook, Reddit, the wild, they all think Rhule is a bad hire. I seriously don’t get it. Are they just that fucking stupid??? Does the inbred history of the program really run that deep?

I mean Jesus Tittyfucking Christ. Rhule has literally resurrected two programs from the depths of hell (quite literally in Baylor’s case) and won 10+ games. Baylor was an overtime away from making the CFP in year three!!! And look what Aranda has done since then….a bunch of meh.

Rhule is a great coach. I simply cannot comprehend how fucking stupid our fan base at large is. Do they watch any football?? Do they not know what Rhule has accomplished???? Or are they just that inbred and brainwashed by the TO cult????

Like fucking fuck me I can’t even engage these people they are so dumb.

The moment Rhule starts talking they’ll be all in. People like talk.

Huskers633

Cornerback
Elite Member
Tell me about it. I have an uncle that doesn't want Rhule and wants Mickey. There's no reasoning with him.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I posted a poll of approve vs disapprove of Rhule as HC on Facebook. I did a poll asking if Mickey should get the HC job a few weeks ago and 50% said yes….

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
A caller just compared Mickey to Jim Harbaugh. Said he’s doing the exact same thing Michigan is doing

“12-0, 11-1 at worst next year! Announce him tomorrow!” - fella said that.
Next caller, Sunny, was basically incoherently drunk. Mickey supporter. I got that. Not much else. They cut him off and actually said they couldn’t understand him. This was fun, I’m gonna go do something else now, haha.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ask me after he fills out his staff. As a head guy, I don’t think you’ll do any better than him and I think he’s a top 3 or 4 head man in the conference. But Let’s see what he does with his ten assistants. If he nails those I’ll get more and more excited.
That’s the same way I see it. No more buddy hires.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The moment Rhule starts talking they’ll be all in. People like talk.

That’s true and the great thing is Rhule is actually exactly what these people want in a HC. They just know nothing about him and refuse to learn and blindly bash him because he didn’t play for St. Tom.

Hopefully the inbred attitude of the fan base ends once Rhule starts winning.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m not gonna go there. I don’t think that just because someone has a history with someone else doesn’t mean they aren’t qualified. Geoff Collins is one of Rhule’s best friends. I’d take that buddy hire to be his DC.
Very true. If they are qualified and one of the top coaches you can find I have no issue with it. It will also be interesting to watch how he handles recruiting since Nebraska is pretty unique to recruit to.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Early returns of the Facebook poll. Seriously can’t handle this….
These responses are simply a consequence of timing. Fans are on a high after beating a team we haven't beaten in a while (not a great team at that). If you posted that same poll a couple days from now the results would look a lot different.

It's the same overreaction phenomenon we see, positive or negative, after every game.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds