Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Baker Mayfield to the Panthers (1 Viewer)

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
As a Panthers fan, should I be excited about this? I haven’t followed him at all since Oklahoma

I would be if I were you. Hes not Sam Darnold or an injured rookie, so that's a bonus in itself. He's shown more flashes than any QB on that roster and you got him at a decent price.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
As a Panthers fan, should I be excited about this? I haven’t followed him at all since Oklahoma

As a Bucs fan, I'm thrilled cuz I think he is mediocre. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. How did you become a Panthers fan, if I may ask?

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
As a Bucs fan, I'm thrilled cuz I think he is mediocre. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. How did you become a Panthers fan, if I may ask?
My dad drove me out to CO from Omaha for a Broncos/Panthers game in 97. We had sideline passes and apparently John Elway was a dick to me. So I decided to cheer for the Panthers. They lost. I’ve been cheering on them to lose ever since.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
today I learned there are actually Panthers and Buccaneer fans

@HuskerGarrett @Osborne1992

200.gif

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I mean I was 8 when my love for the Bucs started. They wore red, played great defense, and my favorite player was Fullback, Mike Alstott, whom I still have a jersey of. If that doesn't scream RUN THE DAMN BALL from a Nebraska kid then idk what to tell ya!

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean I was 8 when my love for the Bucs started. They wore red, played great defense, and my favorite player was Fullback, Mike Alstott, whom I still have a jersey of. If that doesn't scream RUN THE DAMN BALL from a Nebraska kid then idk what to tell ya!
Yeah I was only 5 in 1997 when I chose the Panthers

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
My dad drove me out to CO from Omaha for a Broncos/Panthers game in 97. We had sideline passes and apparently John Elway was a dick to me. So I decided to cheer for the Panthers. They lost. I’ve been cheering on them to lose ever since.
During his early years in Denver Elway was a major douche. He'd get drunk at bars and demand they open past closing time because "He was John Elway". Notorious for throwing a fit if they wouldn't stay open for him. John's still a partier, big time. He's not afraid of Party Favors either. I've tipped a couple cold ones with him and he's always been cool to me. John's looking a little rough these days but years of hard partying/boozing will do that to you. Honestly most of the NFL QB's that we hung around were really chill. Only toolbag I couldn't stand was Jim Kelly, righteous arrogant prick.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
During his early years in Denver Elway was a major douche. He'd get drunk at bars and demand they open past closing time because "He was John Elway". Notorious for throwing a fit if they wouldn't stay open for him. John's still a partier, big time. He's not afraid of Party Favors either. I've tipped a couple cold ones with him and he's always been cool to me. John's looking a little rough these days but years of hard partying/boozing will do that to you. Honestly most of the NFL QB's that we hung around were really chill. Only toolbag I couldn't stand was Jim Kelly, righteous arrogant prick.
My uncles friend played for the Broncos when Elway was there. He said Elway was just one of the guys and was overall a good teammate.

doublewing

Running Back

Mayfield is better than Darnold, but not a franchise QB.

On an excitement level on a scale between Tanner Lee and Tommie Frazier I would rank him as a Craig Sundberg.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds