Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Austin, TX Watch Site (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I wanted to ask you normal fans before asking the crazies on RSS. I’ll be in Austin this weekend, what’s the best bar to watch a game down there? Any recommendations?

Toe

Wide Receiver
Capital of Texas Nebraskans is the alumni association group in Austin. I used to watch with them at the Third Base in Round Rock when I lived down there. Looks like Shiner's Saloon is the other location this year.

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
Capital of Texas Nebraskans is the alumni association group in Austin. I used to watch with them at the Third Base in Round Rock when I lived down there. Looks like Shiner's Saloon is the other location this year.

Third Base is awful, the one in my neighborhood closed. Shiner's would be a fun place to watch to game. Thanks, @Toe

Toe

Wide Receiver
@thE kErnEl Huh, looks like the Round Rock location of Third Base is the only one left? I think there were three of them just a couple years ago. I lived on McNeil, so I went to the one on 183 when they hosted watch parties. (Then an Ohio State group started having watch parties there too, and it was way too crowded for both.)

thE kErnEl

Cornerback
Elite Member
@thE kErnEl Huh, looks like the Round Rock location of Third Base is the only one left? I think there were three of them just a couple years ago. I lived on McNeil, so I went to the one on 183 when they hosted watch parties. (Then an Ohio State group started having watch parties there too, and it was way too crowded for both.)
The one that was on 183 is near me. I live off Anderson Mill, east of 183.

Distiller

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
Lavaca Street bar is a fun place. Lots of TVs but not an official NU watch site. However being that we’re pretty much the only game I think it would be a good place to watch. And afterwards if you like craft cocktails walk to Peche. Or Garage Bar (if you can find it).

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds