Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (1 Viewer)

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
IMPORTANT UPDATE

Pull his TPB sponsorship ASAP.
bubbles GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wiltfong on Brandon Baker this afternoon

247Sports's No. 1 ranked offensive tackle took summer official visits to Georgia, Ohio State and Texas, while keeping a keen eye on programs like Florida State, Miami, Nebraska and Oregon.
After talking to a source with knowledge of the recruitment, it sounds like the Buckeyes, Longhorns and Huskers are three to really watch heading into the season. That's not to say the other programs are out of it, but the two Big Ten schools and future SEC school have
done a great job in courting Baker. One source said it might be neck and neck with Ohio State and Texas right now but Nebraska is really starting to make a move.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Anyone planning on going to the Bell West game tonight?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
My wife and kids will be there for at least the first half. Dae'vonn told my dad that they are expecting to win by +25, so I'm hoping it will be over by the time that my kids begin to melt down....
Don't think it will be that easy. Prep should be pretty decent this year and I'm sure the game plan will be the same as last year.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Relatively quiet night for all 3 Bell West future Huskers.

Danny showed a big time arm and pretty good accuracy too. He definitely missed on a few throws, but also had a few inexcusable drops by WRs.

I think McMorris had one drop, but overall looked really good and flashed with the ball in his hands. I'd say that Bell West/Danny prefers Isaiah as target #1.

Dae'vonn wasn't targeted nearly as much. In their two-minute offense is definitely when he flashed the most. But he didn't do much outside of that. I did try and watch him when the ball wasn't in his hands. Early I saw him miss badly on a block on the perimeter, but I think that was an outlier. I saw him make multiple very good blocks on the edge and even was a lead blocker for other WRs after they made catches. Danny didn't make a very good throw to him in the 4th quarter - just floated it too much - but Dae'vonn went out and pulled it in. Unfortunately he went down with a cramp on that play and didn't return to the game after that.

One other thing I noticed is that Dae'vonn played on defense a lot too. I sat with his dad at the game and he said that Dae'vonn started playing a lot of defense on his 7-on-7 and really enjoys it too.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Danny showed a big time arm and pretty good accuracy too. He definitely missed on a few throws, but also had a few inexcusable drops by WRs.

I think McMorris had one drop, but overall looked really good and flashed with the ball in his hands. I'd say that Bell West/Danny prefers Isaiah as target #1.

Dae'vonn wasn't targeted nearly as much. In their two-minute offense is definitely when he flashed the most. But he didn't do much outside of that. I did try and watch him when the ball wasn't in his hands. Early I saw him miss badly on a block on the perimeter, but I think that was an outlier. I saw him make multiple very good blocks on the edge and even was a lead blocker for other WRs after they made catches. Danny didn't make a very good throw to him in the 4th quarter - just floated it too much - but Dae'vonn went out and pulled it in. Unfortunately he went down with a cramp on that play and didn't return to the game after that.

One other thing I noticed is that Dae'vonn played on defense a lot too. I sat with his dad at the game and he said that Dae'vonn started playing a lot of defense on his 7-on-7 and really enjoys it too.
I didn't get there. How did Michael Burt do?

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

thanks Fred, sorry we missed you at the coffee shop . Good report

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds