Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone NOT illiterate on here? (1 Viewer)

Havoc34

Clit Commander
Elite Member
The Body Keeps the Score - it’s about humans physical reactions to psychological and emotional trauma. Very interesting

The Immortal Irishman - about a guy who led a failed uprising against the British in Ireland and ended up leading the all Irish brigade for the union in the civil war.

The Warriors of Anbar - about my marine corps units deployment to the Sunni triangle in ‘06. Not just a selfish plug, it’s actually an excellent first hand account. The author was a journalist embedded with one of our platoons.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Was trying to read this prior to the show next Saturday but will not make it

uploads_2F1560273466139-cqs259q1ura-667c9b3920e193ee7b3604490a3a4a06_2FBruce-Dickinson-Book.jpg

HCFord1

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If anyone like semiautobiographical fiction, I just read A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers and it was great. Coming of age story about the author and his relationship with his younger brother after their parents died.

Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris is a really good satire of an office setting.

Most other books I've read and enjoyed recently are more well known, like The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz and In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.

If you're into non-fiction, then In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson is a hilarious travel book about Australia.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Premonition by Michael Lewis is supposed to be an absolute fucking banger. Haven't read it yet, but Yolo

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Tax-Free Wealth- it’s about optimizing deductions, depreciation etc and is part of the Rich Dad series. Good info for people that have properties and are wanting to continue investing in more. So while it intrigues me, it probably wouldn’t be much of a page-Turner for most.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Tax-Free Wealth- it’s about optimizing deductions, depreciation etc and is part of the Rich Dad series. Good info for people that have properties and are wanting to continue investing in more. So while it intrigues me, it probably wouldn’t be much of a page-Turner for most.

@Jim14510 nothing better than wealthy clients who want the tail to wag the dog (pay us lots of money to reduce paying taxes) :devilish:😈🤑

paul-newman-sting.gif

PS: @dsbigred1 all joking aside, I totally agree. So many of my clients that were farmers and/or small businessmen had no idea what they were doing and paying me $800 saved them thousands in taxes cuz they were doing stupid things that they didn't have to/need to do

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
Just on a pretty big David Glantz kick right now...you just can never get enough of the Battle of Kursk, you know?

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
@Jim14510 nothing better than wealthy clients who want the tail to wag the dog (pay us lots of money to reduce paying taxes) :devilish:😈🤑

paul-newman-sting.gif

PS: @dsbigred1 all joking aside, I totally agree. So many of my clients that were farmers and/or small businessmen had no idea what they were doing and paying me $800 saved them thousands in taxes cuz they were doing stupid things that they didn't have to/need to do
Hell yea, brother! I want to legally maximize what I get to keep so I can continue to reinvest!

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Hell yea, brother! I want to legally maximize what I get to keep so I can continue to reinvest!

The biggest issue right now that I am seeing is tax payers thinking they have to report their gains from "trading" Crypto currency

the reason I put "trading" in quotes is because it isn't trading, it is simply exchanging currency (which is NOT an accession to wealth and therefore NOT income and therefore NOT subject to income tax)

its the same as somebody exchanging 1 US Dollar for 75 Indian Rupees, there is no gain and therefore no income tax liability

YES, I am aware that right now the fascist idiots at the IRS are saying that you should report this. BUT that is (sadly) just the current administration's latest stupid antics and an empty attempt at getting people to willfully overpay in taxes. (no change, no refunds, no credits for over paying income tax..... sorry suckaaaaa)

even if the Service dared take a tax payer to court for not paying income tax on crypto (they wont) the tax court would bitch slap them so hard and fast it would make national news (and the tax court never makes the news, both sides of the isle prefer to talk about it in pure naivety)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
The biggest issue right now that I am seeing is tax payers thinking they have to report their gains from "trading" Crypto currency

the reason I put "trading" in quotes is because it isn't trading, it is simply exchanging currency (which is NOT an accession to wealth and therefore NOT income and therefore NOT subject to income tax)

its the same as somebody exchanging 1 US Dollar for 75 Indian Rupees, there is no gain and therefore no income tax liability

YES, I am aware that right now the fascist idiots at the IRS are saying that you should report this. BUT that is (sadly) just the current administration's latest stupid antics and an empty attempt at getting people to willfully overpay in taxes. (no change, no refunds, no credits for over paying income tax..... sorry suckaaaaa)

even if the Service dared take a tax payer to court for not paying income tax on crypto (they wont) the tax court would bitch slap them so hard and fast it would make national news (and the tax court never makes the news, both sides of the isle prefer to talk about it in pure naivety)
So you’re saying I shouldn’t report the money I made on crypto this year? I saw Robinhood provided a 1099 but on it it says they don’t report it but you can.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG

100%. But I think it’s pretty obvious that a lot of the people trying to enact dumb rules and regs relating to crypto have no clue what it even is or how it works.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
So you’re saying I shouldn’t report the money I made on crypto this year? I saw Robinhood provided a 1099 but on it it says they don’t report it but you can.

DO NOT DO IT

anybody that is telling you to report that income is a fucking idiot

the current Code (tax code) does not treat ANY currency exchange as a gain, and thus it is NOT subject to income tax

there is a 0.0% chance the court upholds any challenge by the service on this

As an attorney I basically NEVER get to say something is absolute....but this shit is absolute. The current tax code literally does not allow for currency exchanges to be treated as a "gain" for income tax purposes. The shit storm it would cause and the easy currency manipulation that would result by State actors fucking over the system is so obvious only a tax illiterate would say otherwise.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

paul-newman-sting.gif

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

Preciate the advice. Gubment can kiss my crypto gaining ass.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Non troll post: If you guys want a very easy read that’s somewhat topical and soon to be made into a movie, check out: “One Upon a Time in Russia”

I fact checked/proof read it back in the day prior to it coming out. (You’d be surprised how few Russian history experts there were post Cold War and pre-Hillary Clinton’s Russiagate conspiracy)
One of the better Russian experts died not long ago. Stephen Cohen knew his shit.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
One of the better Russian experts died not long ago. Stephen Cohen knew his shit.

he is the author of (IMO) the greatest line regarding modern Russia (which is to say post NYE 2000 when Putin was made PM at midnight) in relation to the United States

"The demonization of Putin is not a policy. It's an alibi for not having a policy."

this has been the working US policy re: Russia for damn near 20 years, neither party knows how to do anything except say Putin is the boogieman

PS: Putin is NOT a good guy and any Russophile like myself dislikes him, but he has been a scapegoat crutch for Bush/Obama/Hillary/Trump and now Biden, When DC fucks up they blame Putin, we are watching it happen now at the biggest scale since 2014 when I was in the shit.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds