Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone need a new house? (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is Mickeys house overpriced?
@Drue629 and I have the same house plan on the same street. According to Zillow ours are just a little larger than that one but the “zestimate” isn’t a ton more
It seems overpriced to me. I'll be amazed if it sells for 600k but I'm certainly no real estate agent.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe the “celebrity” factor increases it haha
Maybe the market is just that crazy. Next door which is comparable sold for 700k recently but the one across the street which is also comparable sold 2 years ago for 540k.

Shit they just paid 660k for it in August. It was originally listed for sale in 2020 for 600k. Sat empty for 2 years and then sold for 660k. Wtf?

Last edited:

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Is Mickeys house overpriced?
@Drue629 and I have the same house plan on the same street. According to Zillow ours are just a little larger than that one but the “zestimate” isn’t a ton more
Maybe the market is just that crazy. Next door which is comparable sold for 700k recently but the one across the street which is also comparable sold 2 years ago for 540k.

Shit they just paid 660k for it in August. It was originally listed for sale in 2020 for 600k. Sat empty for 2 years and then sold for 660k. Wtf?
Overpriced? Realisticly it's a $500k to $550k house.

The post COVID price boom in Lincoln sky rocketed prices and they're still pretty high in spite of high interest rates.

All neighborhoods in Lincoln saw this jump, but this area is one that really saw a jump. Most in this area saw a 30 to 40% bump vs realistic price.

Dolla Holla Dean's old house, a block away from Mickey's, is perfect example.

Pre-covid it's a $450k to $480k type of house, maybe $500k in warm market. Dolla sold in Sept 2021 for $587,500. Those buyers just sold it in July 2022 for $645,000.

redzoner

Cornerback

The post COVID price boom in Lincoln sky rocketed prices and they're still pretty high in spite of high interest rates.

All neighborhoods in Lincoln saw this jump, but this area is one that really saw a jump. Most in this area saw a 30 to 40% bump vs realistic price.

Pre-covid it's a $450k to $480k type of house, maybe $500k in warm market. Dolla sold in Sept 2021 for $587,500. Those buyers just sold it in July 2022 for $645,000.

I have been watching this area of the Lincoln housing market for two years. I really don’t know why people are paying these prices for these houses.

Still hoping that we see some adjustments this year but if that happens some people are going to be under water.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is it because people want to be cool living by football corches

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
I have been watching this area of the Lincoln housing market for two years. I really don’t know why people are paying these prices for these houses.

Still hoping that we see some adjustments this year but if that happens some people are going to be under water.

Not sure if you're familiar with Vladimir Oulianov, but he's an agent who sold a bunch of absolute shit houses around 2014 to 2016 in Wilderness Hills. I know one builder is called Old City Homes, but there's a few others by different names that were built by same group of Russians. Stay away from those.

redzoner

Cornerback
Not sure if you're familiar with Vladimir Oulianov, but he's an agent who sold a bunch of absolute shit houses around 2014 to 2016 in Wilderness Hills. I know one builder is called Old City Homes, but there's a few others by different names that were built by same group of Russians. Stay away from those.
Yep.

We looked at one of his houses 10 years back on the north side of town. No thanks to that racket.

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

I think they are all Ukranian. There's a couple of them that are builders in Lincoln that use cheap materials and take short cuts. I've got a couple of friends that are builders and they said that it's crazy how some of their homes pass inspection (walls that aren't 90 degree angles, etc...).

redzoner

Cornerback
I think they are all Ukranian. There's a couple of them that are builders in Lincoln that use cheap materials and take short cuts. I've got a couple of friends that are builders and they said that it's crazy how some of their homes pass inspection (walls that aren't 90 degree angles, etc...).
I think the one we looked at was Derun Construction.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider

You might be right with the Ukrainian vs Russian.

You are more than correct on walls/corners not being 90 degrees. We looked at one in that area which the wood flooring lost an entire 4" board width + partial width across the length of the wall. That corner had to be around 75 or 80 degrees. That last board they had to rip cut it at an angle to get it to fit under the trim. To make it worse, all the joints were inline. Saw that room and just walked out of the house.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Lincoln seems to have gotten more crazy than Omaha. Our house prices have come down a little the last couple months.

GBRfr

Linebacker
Elite Member
Derun is another one that did a bunch in Waterford estates. Vlad is by far the top agent in the city (national level a couple years too) due to his builder partnerships.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds