Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anybody into sports cards?

I was curious if DR is valued greater or if this is just what cards cost now. So, comparing to:

- Julian Sayin who is tOSU’s five star freshman QB, his “Orange” number to 199 appear to go for less than $10. Compare that to DR’s which average sale is $93.
- Arch Manning’s Oranges are around $25-30. His Red’s look like they’d probably sell for $100. DR’s is selling for $188.
- Cam Wards red sells for a few dollars.
- DJ Lagway reds for $5.
- Will Howard, Jalen Milroe… they all are significantly cheaper.
- JJ McCarthy is comparable it seems although a little less, but it’s his actual Rookie Card. This set doesn’t have Caleb Williams but I’d assume his would be more.

It does appear that us Husker fans are making DR cards the most valuable out there when compared to like cards.
Good to see we're crazier than most.

The card business must be pretty hot right now.

If you're serious about buying and selling cards and you don't already have one, set up an Ebay account and sell from there. My brother has only had his account for the last 4 weeks and he's already made some really good money selling there compared to going to shows and such.

I'm trying to revive my interest in cards after a 30 year hiatus as a way to build interest and familiarity for baseball with my 3 girls. I read the other day that Bobby Witt Jr. had like 1500 variations of rookie cards prior to his debut with the Royals. Are 1500 variations of cards, each with forced scarcity, really an improvement over printing tens of thousands of a single Topps card? It's overwhelming. I have zero idea what is good and even less desire to try and understand it all.

I'm trying to revive my interest in cards after a 30 year hiatus as a way to build interest and familiarity for baseball with my 3 girls. I read the other day that Bobby Witt Jr. had like 1500 variations of rookie cards prior to his debut with the Royals. Are 1500 variations of cards, each with forced scarcity, really an improvement over printing tens of thousands of a single Topps card? It's overwhelming. I have zero idea what is good and even less desire to try and understand it all.
Part of this is that you have to pay huge licensing costs for current players with the unions & pay huge pro team licensing costs to the leagues (or to the NCAA/universities in the case of Dylan/FB recruits). So you have a combination of companies producing prospect cards before they hit the big field their because that's the only viable way for them to operate, and the couple/few big dog companies leaning hard into the variation/rarity game because that's where the current hype is in the market.

I agree, it's way overdone, and not nearly as interesting to me either.

The card business must be pretty hot right now.

If you're serious about buying and selling cards and you don't already have one, set up an Ebay account and sell from there. My brother has only had his account for the last 4 weeks and he's already made some really good money selling there compared to going to shows and such.
I know a guy that has been buying and selling there for a while now. It's up and down but overall think he makes money.

I’ve had the same thought regarding the parallels. I liked the base and refractor parallel but having 20 different parallels each with different quantities is artificial to me, and I’d rather it be simplified. But it generates value and profits on people’s collecting addiction, so it’s born going to change.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back