Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anybody into sports cards?

My brother said this one is on there for $150 but it's numbered.

View attachment 40252
There are a few orange ones up right now. Most are in the high $50s or $60s. There is one at $150 but no one will buy that if they are paying any attention. There is even a buy it now set to $80. There’s a Purple numbered to 15 that’s listed for $1,000. And Orange are numbered to 199. There’s also a green or something numbered to 99.

Edit:

Purple are numbered to 15. One listed at $1k. Can’t imagine that sells.

Red are numbered to 99. There are two listed and both are on the $80s.

Orange are numbered to 199. They are kind of all over the place ranging from $37 to $150. One auction is about to close at $58.

Silver is unnumbered. There are a bunch up for sale. Some as low as $1 (still have 4 days of bidding) and a bunch in the $40s. Mine closed at $48. Another is about to close at $40.

Last edited:
There are a few orange ones up right now. Most are in the high $50s or $60s. There is one at $150 but no one will buy that if they are paying any attention. There is even a buy it now set to $80. There’s a Purple numbered to 15 that’s listed for $1,000. And Orange are numbered to 199. There’s also a green or something numbered to 99.

Edit:

Purple are numbered to 15. One listed at $1k. Can’t imagine that sells.

Red are numbered to 99. There are two listed and both are on the $80s.

Orange are numbered to 199. They are kind of all over the place ranging from $37 to $150. One auction is about to close at $58.

Silver is unnumbered. There are a bunch up for sale. Some as low as $1 (still have 4 days of bidding) and a bunch in the $40s. Mine closed at $48. Another is about to close at $40.
I'll let my brother know but I'm sure he is all over it. He found some cards from when he was a kid and has been collecting for a little while now going to the local shows and such. It gives him something to do with my nephew too he's nine and already all into it.

A green one just got posted which is out of 5. Keeping an eye on where that goes. Currently just at $20.

There is also a blue numbered to 50. Opening bid for that was $50.

It appears I overpaid for my silver with it being one of the first two to sell. There are a handful of silvers posted for $10 or less currently.

There was a red at only $40 with an hour left. I bid it up to $76 which will still be cheaper than the others that are listed, but couldn’t let it go for less than $70.

I'm not really into the cards but i like signed sports memorabilia. I have a signed Elly de la Cruz, Witt jr., Soto and Scott Rolan bats. 2 yadi signed custom jerseys, Nado signed ball, Lawrence Taylor/Strahan dual signed helmet, mini Kurt Warner helmet, Eric dickersen helmet, and a Tommy Frazier signed helmet with the NC years on it.

A green one just got posted which is out of 5. Keeping an eye on where that goes. Currently just at $20.

There is also a blue numbered to 50. Opening bid for that was $50.

It appears I overpaid for my silver with it being one of the first two to sell. There are a handful of silvers posted for $10 or less currently.

There was a red at only $40 with an hour left. I bid it up to $76 which will still be cheaper than the others that are listed, but couldn’t let it go for less than $70.
I bid an orange up to $65 not thinking that I would win it, but I did.

DR autograph to 15. Is set to but it now for $1200. Ain’t no way, but will be fun to watch.

What are the differences in the colors? Number printed?
Yes, that’s it.

1723172264955.png
I did see this card is also out there but haven’t seen it listed on eBay. It’s just to 25 and is from $100 packs so I assume it’ll be a pretty penny.

The other cards were from $50 packs as comparison.

Edit: eBay has some new ones. The first is numbered to 10. I think it’ll go for $500 (when I posted this the bet was $0.99 and it’s already above $330). The second is “buy it now” but not numbered… probably worth $70.

Last edited:
Because I love spreadsheets, and there isn't anything else out there that tracks this, I started to track the sales of DR cards. From what I've found, here is everything that's ever been posted on eBay of DR that is a legit card.

We're about to get some more sales of some of these cards as I think there are some about to close. The only card I own is the "Base" from the Silver Pack. I definitely over paid for it. First, I didn't realize there was a difference between "Foil" and "Base". They kind of look the same. But even if it was foil, it would have been on the higher side. Garrett got a sweet deal on his Silver Pack Orange given that he's got the lowest sales price for that card, including active ones that are all over $100 already. The Silver Pack Reds are about to get a big uptick in value. The ones listed are all over $150, including one that is almost to $300.

Anyway, shockingly DR cards are legit valuable right now. That one gold Auto I said would sell for $500 is almost up to $600 already.
Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 4.18.57 PM.png

I was curious if DR is valued greater or if this is just what cards cost now. So, comparing to:

- Julian Sayin who is tOSU’s five star freshman QB, his “Orange” number to 199 appear to go for less than $10. Compare that to DR’s which average sale is $93.
- Arch Manning’s Oranges are around $25-30. His Red’s look like they’d probably sell for $100. DR’s is selling for $188.
- Cam Wards red sells for a few dollars.
- DJ Lagway reds for $5.
- Will Howard, Jalen Milroe… they all are significantly cheaper.
- JJ McCarthy is comparable it seems although a little less, but it’s his actual Rookie Card. This set doesn’t have Caleb Williams but I’d assume his would be more.

It does appear that us Husker fans are making DR cards the most valuable out there when compared to like cards.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back