Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Any word on transfers?

Boe Wilson in the transfer portal isn't much of a surprise considering we added two transfer guards last season. I don't really have an issue with a guy like Boe, who put in his time, to transfer someplace where he can play.

Great kid who was recruited by Bo’s staff, played for Riley’s, and made the most of it with Frost’s. He was never going to be an NFL football player, but I really feel for kids like him and the Davis brothers who simply couldnt buy a break here.

The guy in the lower right hand corner (Chet Estes) was a student in a sales training class I was teaching in the Atlanta area (as you can see, it reads "Peachtree City, GA", which is where I lived at the time). Chet - despite managing one of our facilities in KY - was really struggling in the class, which candidly was pretty difficult and deliberately designed to break old behaviors and instill new, more productive ones.

I pulled him aside near the end of the class and before his big mock presentation and kind of helped him understand that we'd simply added new skills to the ones he already had to make him MORE effective at doing what he was already very good at. It turned out to be the right words at the right time for him, as he was pretty much falling apart due to the stress of the presentation he was preparing. Bottom line, he did just fine but apparently he felt like I'd done him some huge favor getting him through the class.

Unbeknownst to me, Chet was also an assistant Secretary of State. So a week or so after that class, I get a call from the front desk at the conference center we did our training at that I had a package waiting for me there. I slide by and that "proclamation" was in the package, and lo and behold I'm a Kentucky Colonel. Which means they hit me up to financially support their organization and the charities they subsequently support. They also have their own room at Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Derby, which is a very cool sporting event to check off of your bucket list if you haven't been.

Derby Memories:
The company I was with at the time had our own skybox in the 1st turn ...

View attachment 1172

Which is a great place from which to watch the race ...

View attachment 1173

And then slide by the infield to see nekkid women and suck down a "mint julip" or two (KY bourbon mixed with sugar & ice, topped with a mint leaf). They go down smooth, and make the fancy women throw their derby hats on the floor when they pull their dresses off over their heads. 😎
Like I’ve always said.......I wanna be you for just one day..... 😎

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back