Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Another first for Deion đź’Ż (1 Viewer)

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
As the president of the Nebraskans for the Braves, a group on this board I’ve just made up; allow me to introduce myself as thee Braves fan around here.

I was an Austin Riley fan long before it was cool and stuck with him through the end of 2019 when he never saw a slider in the left handed batters box he didn’t like.

I follow Eric O’Flaherty and Dave O’Brien on Twitter and listen to 755 is Real. I listen to the guys on Talking Chop but they can get old really quickly.

I’ll continue if need be
Hell yeah! 1st thing I asked when I joined this board was if anyone was a Brave. Glad to have another Brave on here. I actually haven't even seen anyone talk any baseball on here. My Braves podcast I follow is Battery Power. Nerds all of them and they know their stuff.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Hell yeah! 1st thing I asked when I joined this board was if anyone was a Brave. Glad to have another Brave on here. I actually haven't even seen anyone talk any baseball on here. My Braves podcast I follow is Battery Power. Nerds all of them and they know their stuff.

Yes. So Talking Chop is now Battery Power. I just listened to that one tonight actually. They can annoy me from time to time because they’ll just look at the analytics and literally nothing else.

There’s a former Husker in the Braves org. His name is Spencer Schwellenbach and I think they had him as the 3rd best pitching prospect behind Smith-Shauver and maybe Schuster?

I’ll go on record saying it’s gotten to be a tad boring watching the Braves this season because they are simply so good.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
you all were thinkin it but I'm gonna ask it. What he do with those 2 Toes after they cut them off? Anything possible with Prime, especially if it will get him some attention. Hanging from a Gold Chain or Necklace? On display in a jar of Formaldehyde on the family room mantle? Donate them to science? Auction off on Ebay?
deep fat fry them 🇺🇸

Huskerzz9457

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
As the president of the Nebraskans for the Braves, a group on this board I’ve just made up; allow me to introduce myself as thee Braves fan around here.

I was an Austin Riley fan long before it was cool and stuck with him through the end of 2019 when he never saw a slider in the left handed batters box he didn’t like.

I follow Eric O’Flaherty and Dave O’Brien on Twitter and listen to 755 is Real. I listen to the guys on Talking Chop but they can get old really quickly.

I’ll continue if need be
Which side of the fence are you on with Drew Waters? As a Royals fan I think he's a dawg, but saw a lot of Braves fans bagging on him on the day of the trade, and then once he got comfortable in KC, they all wanted to take credit for him. Thoughts?

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Blood Clots so they need to amputate 2 toes
Correct. Doctors told Deion (while he was coaching Jackson State) they could save the toes, but it'll take 3 weeks. So he just told them "off with the toes, they're black (blackened in colour) anyway" and he didn't want to miss those 3 weeks coaching his team.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Which side of the fence are you on with Drew Waters? As a Royals fan I think he's a dawg, but saw a lot of Braves fans bagging on him on the day of the trade, and then once he got comfortable in KC, they all wanted to take credit for him. Thoughts?
I hated trading him for draft picks. I might be biased though as he and his brother Zach were Dawgs. I think the missed Covid year slowed him a bit, but he has that pedigree to be a good player. I hope he has a great career in the Majors.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

Ive got a few thoughts on Waters…

I’ve got a weird connection to Drew Waters in the sense that I watched him through the minors and then when he got to the Royals organization one of my best friends’ dads got to be around him in Omaha as he was a coach in the royals organization for around 40-45 years.

As @Dawgsauce put it, 2020 did hurt him. But what hurt him the most truly is a guy by the name of Michael Harris. All of a sudden in 2022 the Braves had no use for Pache or Waters who were at the time their top two position player prospects along with Grissom and of course Harris. Waters was a guy who needed to go somewhere that would let him play a lot in the show so he could take another step. With our timelines in Atlanta, that is simply not going to happen because we are trying to win a World Series and we don’t have time for a guy to go “figure it out.” So the best scenario for Drew, the Braves, and the Royals is for the trade that happened to happen.

Drew as a player is very talented and he’s always been talented. It will not surprise me if/when he becomes a very good everyday player for a big league team. I think his ceiling is a bit lower than we originally thought though and I don’t think he’ll be a 40 HR guy in the Show. But I wouldn’t be shocked at all if he OPS-es .800 next year.

As far as who gets the credit for Drew? My buddy’s dad who was with the Chasers told me that when he came over from Atlanta that he was extremely talented, but for some reason he was one of the most “raw” prospects they’d ever gotten from Atlanta and given the Braves reputation it was surprising to him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds