Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Andy Staples Scenario

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
On Pardon My Take earlier this week, Andy Staples laid out a joking but truly harrowing possibility.

- PAC 12 and BIG 12 each cannibalize themselves (basically done already)
- B1G has a major upset in their conference championship game of either Michigan/Ohio State
- Ole Miss/Bama play an ALL TIME game, multiple overtimes, Bama pulls it out
- Tennessee/Georgia play an ALL TIME game, multiple overtimes, Georgia pulls it out
- Bama/Georgia play an ALL TIME conference championship game while Tennessee and Ole Miss each win out

And we end up with an all-fucking- SEC playoff

On Pardon My Take earlier this week, Andy Staples laid out a joking but truly harrowing possibility.

- B1G has a major upset in their conference championship game of either Michigan/Ohio State
- Tennessee/Georgia play an ALL TIME game, multiple overtimes, Georgia pulls it out
- Bama/Georgia play an ALL TIME conference championship game while Tennessee and Ole Miss each win out

No chance of an upset in the B1G championship game. No fucking chance. Purdoodoo is not good enough to beat Michigan or Ohio State. Illinois lost to fucking Indiana this year.

No chance of an upset in the B1G championship game. No fucking chance. Purdoodoo is not good enough to beat Michigan or Ohio State. Fat Berts lost to fucking Indiana this year.
The Fuckeyes have a storied history of dropping games they have no business losing. Luckily that usually doesn’t take place in the B1G championship game…

Having more than one defeats the entire point of the playoff, but this is so dumb that it will probably happen

You could literally do this every year. But the odds are like less than 1%
I've only ever heard the 2 team scenario - never had anyone lay out the path to 4. Obviously unlikely and crazy - just never heard it spelled out for 4 to make it haha

Having more than one defeats the entire point of the playoff, but this is so dumb that it will probably happen
Right...like when it was pitched there was value placed on conference champions....that seems to be less important for the Power 5 when they just default to 2 SEC teams.

this would require the Ohio St/Michigan loser to also lose another game along the way

at this point it's probably more likely to see both Michigan and Ohio St in the playoff than neither

Like the idea of our next head coach leading a team to the playoff. Concerned about the timing of Lane being able to start, but we can make it work.

Like the idea of our next head coach leading a team to the playoff. Concerned about the timing of Lane being able to start, but we can make it work.
I think we will live with it hahaha

If anything happens it could be three sec teams and one Big team. Lets say Georgia beats the vols in a close game and loses to Bama in a close game I could see all three get in.

If anything happens it could be three sec teams and one Big team. Lets say Georgia beats the vols in a close game and loses to Bama in a close game I could see all three get in.
Animated GIF

The bad thing would be is that I think the loser of the BIG championship game could play with the sec teams this year and possibly he locked out. Last year Michigan was overwhelmed by Georgia upfront but Georgia isn’t close to being that same team this year and Michigan looks like they could be better this year. Bama and the Vols also have suspect defenses. I could also see it being two BIG teams and two SEC teams in the final four.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back