Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

AMC entertainment short squeeze… if you’re not in on this thing, you should consider it (1 Viewer)

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Bought 50 shares AMC at $18 last week on a whim with some dividend cash in my account and decided to surprise my wife with the news today and to let her know I was planning to ride it out for the potential big upside. Kicking myself I didn't buy more.

Proceeded to get into a huge argument about making money decisions without telling her. She readily admits she has no gift for investment or budgets (she is a good saver, however), but now I need to let her know if I reallocate from cash to stock. That's just not happening. A $1000 loss would have no effect on our life and I won't be babysat.

Also ripped into me about my decision to reallocate $8,000 cash into SLV last March 2020 at $12 which I told her about the day I did it. (should have bought crypto, but hey, nobody is perfect) She is normally reasonable, but sometimes you just can't win. I'm still enjoying today.
Few women understand anything about $ than spending it on useless shit. They get pissed when they realize they are morons when it comes to $, hence the cover their ass “discussion” of wanting to be included in $ decisions
1 household acct we both contribute to for household expenses. All other $ separate where each of us have total autonomy to do whatever the fuk we want
Best decision I ever made when we got married

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is this thing still a buy?
Buy it on dips if you have some throw-away money.

AMC literally just released guidance suggesting people shouldn't invest in the stock unless they're ok with losing some or all of their investment. Still, it's a meme-stock so it could bounce around and try to break 65+ again or crash back down to 10.

Use a fucking stop-loss, homie.

SantaBarbaraSker

Linebacker
tPB OG
Is this thing still a buy?

Believe it’s definitely a buy, wait for the inevitable dips and throw some cash down, but be prepared to hang on for the ride. It’s not going to be for the faint of heart. Police if you stay strong it will pay off big in the not too distant future.

Again, not a financial advisor...do your due diligence.

CornHub

Offensive Lineman
How
Believe it’s definitely a buy, wait for the inevitable dips and throw some cash down, but be prepared to hang on for the ride. It’s not going to be for the faint of heart. Police if you stay strong it will pay off big in the not too distant future.

Again, not a financial advisor...do your due diligence.

How high are you thinking?

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Say a guy has $10K in throw-away cash. Is it worth it? What price on a dip would he be looking for?

#HBD

Safety
Elite Member
@#HBD and myself are up $25MM in the past few hours

Now $300MM
Let’s not go overboard, Tony. The below figures are 100% FACTUAL & I need to post them here on this message board to prove it....you can take them to the bank!!

Just had a $158,001 day.

So far am up over $300,001 in about 2 1/2 weeks on a $48,001 investment.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Let’s not go overboard, Tony. The below figures are 100% FACTUAL & I need to post them here on this message board to prove it....you can take them to the bank!!

Just had a $158,001 day.

So far am up over $300,001 in about 2 1/2 weeks on a $48,001 investment.
So sick bro!! Glad you posted this so everyone knows how rich/sweet you are

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds