Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

AMC entertainment short squeeze… if you’re not in on this thing, you should consider it (1 Viewer)

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
I can’t quit watching these. It seemed like every time I’d look away it would jump

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just had $158,000 day.

So far am up over $300,000 in about 2 1/2 weeks on a $48,000 investment. Believe it still has a lot of legs.

Not a financial advisor, so enter at your own risk.

I have 150 shares from January. At this point I wish I would have bought more. I wonder what the next meme stock will be? Someone also told me Robinhood wouldn’t let you buy amc today. I don’t know if they were full of shit or not.

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
I have 150 shares from January. At this point I wish I would have bought more. I wonder what the next meme stock will be? Someone also told me Robinhood wouldn’t let you buy amc today. I don’t know if they were full of shit or not.
I had no problem buying more shares today on Robinhood

Dell Husker

Quarterback
tPB OG
That was a halt that happened everywhere. Normal in this case. It happened cause the price rose by like $15 in 30 minutes. The it dropped rapidly so it halted again and recovered

sexmonster

Linebacker
Feel too far behind on it but wanted to. Ooohhh well, I can't stonk too good. Also closing on my first house this month (next Bachelor) and I may want to buy a lot of unforeseen shit

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Bought 50 shares AMC at $18 last week on a whim with some dividend cash in my account and decided to surprise my wife with the news today and to let her know I was planning to ride it out for the potential big upside. Kicking myself I didn't buy more.

Proceeded to get into a huge argument about making money decisions without telling her. She readily admits she has no gift for investment or budgets (she is a good saver, however), but now I need to let her know if I reallocate from cash to stock. That's just not happening. A $1000 loss would have no effect on our life and I won't be babysat.

Also ripped into me about my decision to reallocate $8,000 cash into SLV last March 2020 at $12 which I told her about the day I did it. (should have bought crypto, but hey, nobody is perfect) She is normally reasonable, but sometimes you just can't win. I'm still enjoying today.

Last edited:

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Bought 50 shares AMC at $18 last week on a whim with some dividend cash in my account and decided to surprise my wife with the news today and to let her know I was planning to ride it out for the potential big upside. Kicking myself I didn't buy more.

Proceeded to get into a huge argument about making money decisions without telling her. She readily admits she has no gift for investment or budgets (she is a good saver, however), but now I need to let her know if I reallocate from cash to stock. That's just not happening. A $1000 loss would have no effect on our life and I won't be babysat.

Also ripped into me about my decision to reallocate $8,000 cash into SLV last March 2020 at $12 which I told her about the day I did it. (should have bought crypto, but hey, nobody is perfect) She is normally reasonable, but sometimes you just can't win. I'm still enjoying today.
Sounds like my wife. Spent $500 on stupid yellowstone souvenirs today but throwing $500 into Robinhood to buy speculative stock needs to be discussed. It's weird. In her defense I always make it worse by saying things like "Quiet down woman. It was $500."

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I would like a time machine so I could always get in on these stonks and cryptos at the right time.

I did make a couple grand off of a $100 investment in bitcoin and eth a few years back, but was mostly riding the wave on the big upswing it took that fall. I did some day trading on it also, but at such a small investment your gains are limited. I found I was constantly watching the trends trying to make 50 or a 100 bucks on a quick day trade, and it was stressful. So I got out before bitcoin crashed that winter. Shoulda just held on to it, but was not HODLing as I should have been.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Sounds like my wife. Spent $500 on stupid yellowstone souvenirs today but throwing $500 into Robinhood to buy speculative stock needs to be discussed. It's weird. In her defense I always make it worse by saying things like "Quiet down woman. It was $500."
"Woman".... That is classic. My dad always used that in frustration with my mom. It became a term of endearment over the years. He's been gone 35+ years and I can still hear him saying that in my head.

She compared it to her buying a $5,000 couch without asking. That's just not comparable. Moving a liquid asset to a different liquid asset is not equivalent to buying a couch... That couch is worth $500 as soon as you bring it home. Besides... she has terrible taste in couches. (she wouldn't find that funny so I'll just use that one here and get it out of my system )

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
"Woman".... That is classic. My dad always used that in frustration with my mom. It became a term of endearment over the years. He's been gone 35+ years and I can still hear him saying that in my head.

She compared it to her buying a $5,000 couch without asking. That's just not comparable. Moving a liquid asset to a different liquid asset is not equivalent to buying a couch... That couch is worth $500 as soon as you bring it home. Besides... she has terrible taste in couches. (she wouldn't find that funny so I'll just use that one here and get it out of my system )
I feel your pain. I have a living room full of beautiful - but incredibly uncomfortable - furniture. Does it look good? Sure. But there's not one stick of furniture in there that I find comfortable to use, so I avoid spending any time in there. I did counter-punch with a home theater seating solution downstairs, and if I'm watching sports that's where it takes place.

Back to the thread topic: good luck with the trading, lads.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds