Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

All out on Satterfield (2 Viewers)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
He only completed 14 so clearly 10 more than necessary.
Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
24 more passes than necessary imho

My fave thing in the entire world is the people that think they are smarter than D1 coaches
Yeah, Rhule said in the post game that they had to call those plays to stretch the field. Said NIU had actually come in w some schemes designed for Haarberg specifically.

As Tone said...I know everyone thinks they can be a CFB OC but you can't. You can't actually call running plays 100% of the time just bc it works for you on XBOX.

They probably didn't want to call that many pass plays but as Rhule said the NIU scheme forced them to.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, Rhule said in the post game that they had to call those plays to stretch the field. Said NIU had actually come in w some schemes designed for Haarberg specifically.

As Tone said...I know everyone thinks they can be a CFB OC but you can't. You can't actually call running plays 100% of the time just bc it works for you on XBOX.

They probably didn't want to call that many pass plays but as Rhule said the NIU scheme forced them to.
Wait, you think I'm being serious?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
His offense has historically been toward the bottom of the conference in turnovers... Specifically fumbles.

He goes out and hand picks the player who leads the country in turnovers to lead his offense.

What does that say about his judgement?

Why was it necessary to run the QB 21 times yesterday? That is not sustainable over a meaningful period of time. Why not try and establish a RB run game? Why midway through the 2nd quarter our RBs only had 2 carries?

Why would we want a guy to be OC whose offenses are historically not good? He only has 1 offense that was top 40 (38th iirc) in scoring and that was the year that USCjr was about to run him out of town.

He is currently the 6th highest paid OC in the nation. What has he done to justify it?

Vs Minnesota we had a drive toward the end of the 3rd quarter into the 4th where we were running it for 8yds a carry. Why would you think it would be a good idea to throw it 3 times with a struggling QB on the next drive? If your boss says "we want to have 75 yards rushing in the 4th" why would you air it out?

Last edited:

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
His offense has historically been toward the bottom of the conference in turnovers... Specifically fumbles.

He goes out and hand picks the player who leads the country in turnovers to lead his offense.

What does that say about his judgement?

Why was it necessary to run the QB 21 times yesterday? That is not sustainable over a meaningful period of time. Why not try and establish a RB run game? Why midway through the 2nd quarter our RBs only had 2 carries?

Why would we want a guy to be OC whose offenses are historically not good? He only has 1 offense that was top 40 (38th iirc) in scoring and that was the year that USCjr was about to run him out of town.

He is currently the 6th highest paid OC in the nation. What has he done to justify it?

Vs Minnesota we had a drive toward the end of the 3rd quarter into the 4th where we were running it for 8yds a carry. Why would you think it would be a good idea to throw it 3 times with a struggling QB on the next drive? If your boss says "we want to have 75 yards rushing in the 4th" why would you air it out?
I agree with everything you say; especially running HH that many times. I also believe they wanted to game plan something to make the QB and the team successful.

His confidence was certainly boosted after last night. TBH, that was NOT what I expected to see. I expected to see a discombobulated and disjointed QB an offense last night. It was a very good showing for a 1st start.

hothouse_corn

Wide Receiver
"Osborne keeps running the option to the short side of the field. It don't make no sense .." -Debbie from Holdrege, 1997

Far worse than that is what I remember. The complaint was "n***** up the gut, n***** up the gut, honkey up the gut," while the team averaged 420+ yards rushing per game. And the complaint was from Dingus halfway between North Platte and Lexington.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds