Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Commit Alexander Ruggeroli N - Official (3 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Has the problem really been Nebraska HS players, or UNL?

Ernest Hausmann is playing well at Michigan
Keagon Johnson was a stud at Cockeye and had a solid year at K-State
Xavier Watts just won the Bronko Nagurski award for Notre Dame
Noah Fant killed it at Cockeye
CJ had a solid career at Wyoming before injuries forced him to medically retire
Harrison Phillips got rejected by CMC for a jersey swap, but still was a beast at Stanford
Easton Stick mad it to the league from NDSU

And there are plenty more. The issue hasn't been in-state players being overrated, its been the development of anyone really.
Our development under Frost and Nice Mike was pretty shitty IMO.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Has the problem really been Nebraska HS players, or UNL?

Ernest Hausmann is playing well at Michigan
Keagon Johnson was a stud at Cockeye and had a solid year at K-State
Xavier Watts just won the Bronko Nagurski award for Notre Dame
Noah Fant killed it at Cockeye
CJ had a solid career at Wyoming before injuries forced him to medically retire
Harrison Phillips got rejected by CMC for a jersey swap, but still was a beast at Stanford
Easton Stick mad it to the league from NDSU

And there are plenty more. The issue hasn't been in-state players being overrated, its been the development of anyone really.
My only disagreement would be your evaluation of Keagan. He had a good freshman year, shortened Soph year due to injury at _owa. I would say serviceable rather than solid year at KSU but that's semantics

1702489329960.png

The others and more are complete failures of the staffs to recruit. Hopefully Rhule has righted the ship, if he pulls off this class he's looking at...WHOA NELLY!!!

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Corey Collier Jr.
Rahmir Stewart
Ismael Smith Flores
Barron Miles Jr.
Brian Buschini
Jacob Hood
Kaine Williams
Randolph Kpai
Koby Bretz
Leslie Black - Who????
Gage Stenger
Turner Corcoran
Chubba Purdy
Gabe Ervin Jr.
Nate Boerkircher
Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda
Alex Bullock
Marcus Washington

#processed. easy peasy
we can't cut these guys and they can't transfer without sitting out a year so they won't go

Collier
Hood

Miles, Leslie Black and ICG aren't on scholarship. Washington has exhausted his eligibility, so moving any of these four doesn't help.

Can't cut Flores, although he could transfer

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
we can't cut these guys and they can't transfer without sitting out a year so they won't go

Collier
Hood

Miles, Leslie Black and ICG aren't on scholarship. Washington has exhausted his eligibility, so moving any of these four doesn't help.

Can't cut Flores, although he could transfer
miles is my bad! I forgot to delete from the roster I copied from the website.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Near as I can tell, Ruggeroli has never OV'd. Any chance they found a way to NIL this one?
Callahan said several times in his Chat that the tweets are for Ruggeroli and he is a walk-on. He dropped a couple of hints - he didn't call him a preferred walk-on and suggested he wasn't getting the full NIL deal.

The problem with being a counter only arises if you get NIL (as the way the definitions work, that is "athletically related aid". COA - the 5-6K players get every month - is specifically excluded from athletically related aid.

Made me think that maybe he is paying his own way without NIL. That would definitely be okay. Or perhaps that they are confident that he there wasn't enough contact to make him a "recruited", although then I wonder why he isn't get the full NIL deal.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
When was the last time an instate recruit truly worked out? Niles freaking Paul? What year was that?

Nelson, Sawedoffgrass, Teddy, Heinrich, Hickman, and etc.

Need I say more…..
Who led the team in tackles this past season.?

Also, of our 6 leading tacklers last year 4 were from Nebraska 😂😂☠️☠️

Is Cam Jurgens playing in the league right now?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Callahan said several times in his Chat that the tweets are for Ruggeroli and he is a walk-on. He dropped a couple of hints - he didn't call him a preferred walk-on and suggested he wasn't getting the full NIL deal.

The problem with being a counter only arises if you get NIL (as the way the definitions work, that is "athletically related aid". COA - the 5-6K players get every month - is specifically excluded from athletically related aid.

Made me think that maybe he is paying his own way without NIL. That would definitely be okay. Or perhaps that they are confident that he there wasn't enough contact to make him a "recruited", although then I wonder why he isn't get the full NIL deal.
Dean is probably right about Ruggeroli being a walk-on but I don't think he's right about all the tweets.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
SIAP, but the HOL guys are saying it s Ruggeroli walking on.

Last edited:

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
Dean is probably right about Ruggeroli being a walk-on but I don't think he's right about all the tweets.
If he's a walk-on, I'm sure he'll get placed on scholarship in a few years if he develops and contributes. Not sure where this kid all had offers from, but he chose to walk on vice take a full ride somewhere else, he must be drinking the Rhule Aide.

Also, was Nick Gates the last commit we got from Bishop Gorman HS?

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If he's a walk-on, I'm sure he'll get placed on scholarship in a few years if he develops and contributes. Not sure where this kid all had offers from, but he chose to walk on vice take a full ride somewhere else, he must be drinking the Rhule Aide.

tyjon lindsay

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Edit: Tyjon Lindsey. Gates might be the last and maybe our only commit from there. Still in the NFL too -

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
The Simulation setting us up to lose Kaelin and Brix to K State, have Raiola scare off McCord to, and then have him stick with UGA in the end

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
Emmy Awards Thank You GIF by Emmys

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Didn't Nick have issues with Frost and left early or was that another OL?
I don't remember if he had a problem with Frost or not but he didn't end up playing for him and declared for the draft.

I do remember everyone saying he should stay and he wasn't ready/good enough but 6 seasons later he's still in the NFL even after a horrific leg injury.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

Nebraska adds OT Xander Ruggeroli, 2024 prospect has ties to Raiola family​

By Mitch Sherman
Dec 13, 2023

LINCOLN, Neb. — The latest recruit to join Nebraska’s 2024 class fills an important need, despite what the scholarship numbers appear to indicate, on the offensive line. And he comes with a connection to the Raiola family.
Xander Ruggeroli of Las Vegas Bishop Gorman announced his commitment to the Huskers on Wednesday. He’s the 26th member of a class that ranks No. 22 nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite, ahead of the start of the early signing period next week.

A three-star prospect at 6-feet-6 and 286 pounds, Ruggeroli first formed a bond with Nebraska offensive line coach Donovan Raiola two years ago at a Polynesian football showcase. Raiola and Ruggeroli’s O-line coach at Bishop Gorman, Kea Toledo, share roots in Hawaii.
Raiola brought a guest with him to the event — his nephew, Dylan Raiola. Ruggeroli and the younger Raiola met.
“He’s a really cool guy,” Ruggeroli said.
Now, Ruggeroli told The Athletic he’s excited about the possibility of blocking for Dylan Raiola at Nebraska. The five-star quarterback out of Buford, Ga., is back in play for the Huskers after an arduous 2 ½-year recruiting process — the past seven months of which he’s spent committed to Georgia.
https://theathletic.com/5129887/2023/12/11/nebraska-qb-dylan-raiola/
When Ruggeroli talked to Donovan Raiola this week, the third-year Nebraska assistant who recently received a contract extension and a pay bump, Ruggeroli said the coach mentioned only that Dylan Raiola could flip his pledge from Georgia to Nebraska.
Regardless, Ruggeroli likes what he’s learned about the Huskers under second-year coach Matt Rhule. The lineman saw Lincoln on an unofficial recruiting visit in October and watched Nebraska defeat Purdue. After his trips to Washington State and Arizona State, Ruggeroli said, “nothing compares to how people support” the Huskers.

Ruggeroli has played just one full year of football. As a junior last season, he participated in a limited schedule at Bishop Gorman, a national-level high school program. This year, he started at left tackle as the school finished 12-0 and scored 48.9 points per game.
Early in the season, Ruggeroli matched against Miami Central and its star-studded defensive line. He held Armondo Blount, a five-star 2025 prospect who’s committed to Florida State, in check.

“I showed that I’m that guy,” Ruggeroli said.
Ruggeroli favored Nebraska after his October visit, but took some time to consider his decision. Recently, he said he believed the Huskers were full at offensive line. But with five prior commits in the 2024 class and 14 players on scholarship with remaining eligibility, Nebraska remained short at tackle.
Bryce Benhart, returning for a sixth season, and Teddy Prochazka give the Huskers a strong starting duo. But Turner Corcoran, coming back from injury, is a better fit at guard. And no one else in the system has experience at tackle.
Ruggeroli said Donovan Raiola assured him this week that the Huskers still wanted him.
“He told me coach Rhule loved my film and had to get me there,” Ruggeroli said.
That was enough. Ruggeroli accepted the offer immediately.
He plans to sign next week and make an official visit to Nebraska in January. He’ll join the Huskers after he graduates from Bishop Gorman in the spring and enter a mix with fellow newcomer Grant Brix, a four-star prospect from Logan, Cockeye, and redshirt freshman Gunnar Gottula as young tackles in the system.

Ruggeroli likes the idea of someday blocking for one Raiola while he’s coached by another.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds