Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ajay in portal

Sorry but that absolutely played a factor. It boils down to effort, commitment, and relationships. Allen has the look of a guy that wasn’t 100% committed. His old position coach was let go, on top of the fact that he was a late commit in the first place. Then add in that the new staff is big on relationships and effort. All of that together led to a kid being unhappy and possibly having outside influences swaying him further. You can’t tell me that a kid in college doesn’t see and hear that video and have it not affect him.

I guess I don’t know what’s controversial about thinking something was up after that moment. I was his age once and did things 100x worse than that, so I’m not saying this to demonize the kid. But, it’s early during the first spring you have with a new staff, which amounts to making a first/early impression, and during the limited time media is allowed to spectate you have a “difficult moment” like that? Having such a limited ability to overcome frustration that early in spring ball for a small window of time doesn’t put us in a position to “know what’s happening,” but if someone is starting to crack that early it probably isn’t a great sign, especially if they later find themselves buried on the depth chart.

I know Mitch isn’t making a good faith argument seeing as he is building a straw man by overstating the point that’s being made, but still.
As soon as I saw that video I knew Ajay Allen wasn't hanging around. I also believe I said that if the media wasn't there Barthel was gonna mother fuck that kid. He was saved by the cameras.

He fucking had that attitude when the media was there, how much better could it have been when 1000 cameras weren't rolling.

As soon as I saw that video I knew Ajay Allen wasn't hanging around. I also believe I said that if the media wasn't there Barthel was gonna mother fuck that kid. He was saved by the cameras.

He fucking had that attitude when the media was there, how much better could it have been when 1000 cameras weren't rolling.
question asks GIF

Agreed. It seems to me that is part of the grand problem Frost had. When he did recruit a talented kid he would put up with this kind of effort and attitude and play him but on the other hand would dog house another kid. I trust Rhule and in this case, Barthel, that they won't put up with it. You have talent but don't want to meet the standard? Good luck in the future, we will find someone else.

Frost: Don't leave Maurice, I am sorry. You can do what you want and play on Saturday.

And he also tweeted out that he wasn’t “one of us” after it was announced he was transferring. He never had the right attitude with this staff. He stuck around expecting he’d be #1, and there was no way this staff was going to crown someone before they put the effort in. That conflict compounded and it was just a matter of time.

And he also tweeted out that he wasn’t “one of us” after it was announced he was transferring. He never had the right attitude with this staff. He stuck around expecting he’d be #1, and there was no way this staff was going to crown someone before they put the effort in. That conflict compounded and it was just a matter of time.
Wait really?

Did he delete it, if not, post it please. I could no longer handle Twitter and got off of it. That place is awful. Pretty much all social media is not good for the human soul. I fvcking hated reading people and their commentary. Some people need to earn the right to interact online.

Last edited:
One of the very few things that this staff has in common with the last staff is the love for Gabe Irvin. Both groups have talked glowingly about him. The only way that happens is if you are a great culture/locker room guy, because it's not like he has a ton of stats/film that say he's a star. But the coaches like what they see in his approach to the day to day stuff.

Ajay was an Applewhite guy. His big daddy left and he couldn't get it going with the new staff. Gabe on the other hand wasn't recruited by the current staff but he knew how to assimilate. It is a life skill few appreciate. Ajay is talented, but needs to learn that things change and proving yourself is an ongoing process in lots of different aspects of a career. Rahmir seems like a similar dude to Ervin who has tried to slog through with 3-4 different OCs and 3 different HCs and just keeps plugging away.

Wait really?

Did he delete it, if not, post it please. I could no longer handle Twitter and got off of it. That place is a awful. Pretty much all social media is not good for the human soul. I fvcking hated reading people and their commentary. Some people need to earn the right to interact online.
1683040519871.png
I want to think he was probably referring to players who took the retirement package, but who knows.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back