Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Ajay in portal (2 Viewers)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
It sucks to lose him, but this seemed likely from what we saw this spring.

I think Ajay had the highest ceiling of all the guys we had at RB, but it also seems he had a tude issue, and losing the coach who recruited him pushed it to portal time.

Herbie

Quarterback
His big game against Georgia Southern …. They finished the year 128th in run D. Gross.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member
Per Tater Island
Also Jalil Martin is in the portal.

Nebraska wide receiver Jalil Martin enters NCAA Transfer Portal​

Steve Samra • about 23 hours
Jalil Martin Nebraska
(Photo credit: Casey Fritton/ HuskerOnline)

Nebraska Cornhuskers wide receiver Jalil Martin has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, per Tater Island’s Matt Zenitz.

Over the course of his time with the Cornhuskers, Martin did not record a reception, so he’ll be looking to make a grander impact at his next stop, wherever that may be.

Jalil Martin is an Illinois product and played high school ball at Kenwood Academy (IL), where he was rated as a three-star prospect and the No. 602 overall player in the 2022 class, according to the Tater Island Industry Rankings, a weighted composite of all the top recruiting services.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
Also Jalil Martin is in the portal.

Nebraska wide receiver Jalil Martin enters NCAA Transfer Portal​

Steve Samra • about 23 hours
Jalil Martin Nebraska
(Photo credit: Casey Fritton/ HuskerOnline)

Nebraska Cornhuskers wide receiver Jalil Martin has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, per Tater Island’s Matt Zenitz.

Over the course of his time with the Cornhuskers, Martin did not record a reception, so he’ll be looking to make a grander impact at his next stop, wherever that may be.

Jalil Martin is an Illinois product and played high school ball at Kenwood Academy (IL), where he was rated as a three-star prospect and the No. 602 overall player in the 2022 class, according to the Tater Island Industry Rankings, a weighted composite of all the top recruiting services.
this person seems made up

GAHusker

Cornerback
why would you be surprised it made it to public? not stirring up anything, just an honest question toot
I guess I am just surprised his effort could be this poor in the short warmup drills before the real practice. I think the press was only allowed to be at practice for like the first 30 minutes a couple times.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
But you guys are all ecstatic about a third year RB in Ervin who’s best accolade is being all world practice player and a below average game player
we are? I'm not excited about Ervin, he's just another dude

I tend to think with a mediocre at best OL no RB will get a chance to do much this year anyway

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member
the video is extremely damning. his effort was pure shit & his attitude was worse.
I think what bothered me about that video is that it’s like showing up to a new job and being an asshole your first week. I think coaching attitude early in spring would have really pissed me off as a new staff.

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Sorry but that absolutely played a factor. It boils down to effort, commitment, and relationships. Allen has the look of a guy that wasn’t 100% committed. His old position coach was let go, on top of the fact that he was a late commit in the first place. Then add in that the new staff is big on relationships and effort. All of that together led to a kid being unhappy and possibly having outside influences swaying him further. You can’t tell me that a kid in college doesn’t see and hear that video and have it not affect him.

Napkins

Safety
Elite Member

I guess I don’t know what’s controversial about thinking something was up after that moment. I was his age once and did things 100x worse than that, so I’m not saying this to demonize the kid. But, it’s early during the first spring you have with a new staff, which amounts to making a first/early impression, and during the limited time media is allowed to spectate you have a “difficult moment” like that? Having such a limited ability to overcome frustration that early in spring ball for a small window of time doesn’t put us in a position to “know what’s happening,” but if someone is starting to crack that early it probably isn’t a great sign, especially if they later find themselves buried on the depth chart.

I know Mitch isn’t making a good faith argument seeing as he is building a straw man by overstating the point that’s being made, but still.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds