Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Account Upgrade Changes

HuskerGarrett

A different animal and the same beast
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
For anyone interested, it is easier to upgrade your account now (and way easier for new people when they sign up). You can also gift users an upgrade if you feel they deserve it.

We are using Stripe instead of Paypal now, so you never have to leave TPB to pay (which is way nicer)

Again - I, or anyone, is not making a profit off of TPB. Your membership helps pay for all of the fees associated with running and operating the website. We will NEVER put ads on here (I guess unless eventually there is no other option).

Use coupon code BONER for $2 off an Annual membership

Check out the new upgrade page: https://www.platinum-board.com/index.php?account/upgrades

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Totally curious, how much does cost to run a site like this? $20/month? $100/month $1000+/month? I have no clue. I know time would be a big investment.

Totally curious, how much does cost to run a site like this? $20/month? $100/month $1000+/month? I have no clue. I know time would be a big investment.
Haha I had no idea either and just dove in. Right now all in we are around $150/month. It includes the host, server, domain name, security certificates, other random website stuff that idk what it means, email, etc. As we continue to grow I will probably upgrade us again, and I know costs go up after the first year. I should probably just make @Jim14510 the CFO and let him handle this haha

Haha I had no idea either and just dove in. Right now all in we are around $150/month. It includes the host, server, domain name, security certificates, other random website stuff that idk what it means, email, etc. As we continue to grow I will probably upgrade us again, and I know costs go up after the first year. I should probably just make @Jim14510 the CFO and let him handle this haha
I'd just make one of my bookkeepers do it so no big deal.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back