Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

A few immediate post game thoughts…

One or two years ago against this same team and we get absolutely boatraced. We are making strides and 8 wins is still very doable. We might be in better shape than Wisconsin both short and long term. Reason for optimism.

I for one am glad the hype around Robinson and Hutmacher will come down a few notches.
One year ago, we're not getting boat raced, because the only team that boat raced us last year literally won the NC

Two years ago, I'm still not sure we get boat raced. I thought we basically looked like that 2022 team offensively last night. Defense not looking much better than what Bill Busch cobbled together that year and special teams has been the exact same dumpster fire for years

I always remember the saying “it’s never as good as it seems, and it’s never as bad as it seems” - largely because i think it’s almost always true when it comes to sports. Illinois out coached Nebraska. That’s my main takeaway. Especially against our defense. I thought there were plays with some motion and counter stuff that it looked like our guys had never seen it before. It wasn’t because they weren’t capable of making the play. It’s not a talent issue in my eyes. I thought we had better players. That’s frustrating.

If Raiola hits that 3rd and 3 pass under two minutes it’s an entirely different outlook today. Great play call. Hopefully it’s a wake up call. Still a lot of opportunity this year.

You’re right. Rhule should have went for it on 4th and 3. Win or lose the game with your best player on offense and don’t put the game into the hands of a shitty backup kicker.

It’s very hard for me to critique and offensive call when the play was there. What I mean is on 3rd and 3 that touchdown was there and I’m still shocked Dylan missed that throw. Give him 100 throws he probably misses that one 5 of those times.

Having said that with the way we were cutting them up on that drive I would have not minded to see us just try to get a first down instead of going for it all. Or run the ball and get half of it with the intention of going for it on 4th and 1. If we could have caught them in man I wouldn’t have hated running the play to Barney to the boundary. But something tells me they were ready for that.

It’s very hard for me to critique and offensive call when the play was there. What I mean is on 3rd and 3 that touchdown was there and I’m still shocked Dylan missed that throw. Give him 100 throws he probably misses that one 5 of those times.

Having said that with the way we were cutting them up on that drive I would have not minded to see us just try to get a first down instead of going for it all. Or run the ball and get half of it with the intention of going for it on 4th and 1. If we could have caught them in man I wouldn’t have hated running the play to Barney to the boundary. But something tells me they were ready for that.
That drive was the most in-command I’ve seen Nebraska in a tight, game-winning situation in some time.

Should have left the ball in their hands

Kid balled out. He missed the one throw but I keep seeing people say freshman mistakes like he cost us the game smh
The route that was run wasn’t very good either. If you go back and watch he turned his head way too early instead of getting to his spot and then turning his head

I thought the offensive line for most of the game wasn’t total shit. We were getting rushing yards and Raiola had plenty of time. There were numerous times I was thinking there could have been a lot more big runs if we had a real back.
EJ was on the bench

That drive was the most in-command I’ve seen Nebraska in a tight, game-winning situation in some time.

Should have left the ball in their hands

I whole-heartedly agree with you. Had that drive gotten points and we win the game the tune is completely different today. 180 the other way

I’m not even sure he missed it. Ball had a ton of air under it and was in a good spot in the end zone, Lindenmeyer looked like he was pulling a plow trying to get to it and he mistimed his dive.
He also stopped running full speed on his route after the break. I think Dylan threw it where he should have been not where he was.

Last night sucked no way around it

I’m not even sure he missed it. Ball had a ton of air under it and was in a good spot in the end zone, Lindenmeyer looked like he was pulling a plow trying to get to it and he mistimed his dive.

I know that it’s been pointed out by other people not on staff that our WRs don’t appear to run routes appropriately.

If Lindenmeyer on the only play he’s ever been asked to run a route on didn’t do his job it’s unacceptable. Accountability in that room appears to be lacking.

He also stopped running full speed on his route after the break. I think Dylan threw it where he should have been not where he was.

Last night sucked no way around it

I know that it’s been pointed out by other people not on staff that our WRs don’t appear to run routes appropriately.

If Lindenmeyer on the only play he’s ever been asked to run a route on didn’t do his job it’s unacceptable. Accountability in that room appears to be lacking.

Clearly, the story is far from over, because the sun rose today. Nebraska’s defense has a lot to figure out, but there's still time to adjust and improve. The real silver lining? Nebraska is incredibly fortunate to have a generational quarterback in place for the future. That’s something to build on and a reason for optimism moving forward.

Fair but EJ has made plays that the other's can't. I do wonder if his pass blocking is not good enough. That tends to sideline good runners.
He would be the wildcard. I haven’t seen enough of him. I just don’t see anyone on the roster who can take it to the house. I’m not saying they are total shit, but none of them really scare a defense. Last night was on the defense and questionable game management anyways. The offense was good enough. We should have won the game if our supposed great defense played decent.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back