Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Herbie’s Hangout 3-3-5 vs Minnesota (1 Viewer)

Toe

Wide Receiver
Looking at the pics & vids like

yall-got-anymore-of-them-pixels.jpg

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Crazy that Minnesota literally just went up against our DC in their bowl game. While that certainly is an advantage for Minnesota, it also is an advantage for Tony White too. He had to plan and scheme for Minnesota just as much as they had to for him. There should be an equal level of familiarity.

OmahaHusler

Bench Warmer
Crazy that Minnesota literally just went up against our DC in their bowl game. While that certainly is an advantage for Minnesota, it also is an advantage for Tony White too. He had to plan and scheme for Minnesota just as much as they had to for him. There should be an equal level of familiarity.
Tony White did not coach against them in the Bowl Game. He was already at Nebraska. Although I assume he had already helped gameplan before he left.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
how the hell did Minnesota win this game by 8 points?

They scored one TD on a 70 yard Interception return, and then their last TD was set up by a 75 yard Kickoff return. Syracuse lost the game basically the exact same way Frost lost every single game in his career.

The Gophers had 1 first down and 49 total yards in the 2nd half... and WON.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
They scored one TD on a 70 yard Interception return, and then their last TD was set up by a 75 yard Kickoff return. Syracuse lost the game basically the exact same way Frost lost every single game in his career.

The Gophers had 1 first down and 49 total yards in the 2nd half... and WON.
Who did they think they were playing against? Scott Frost?

Yolo Bomb

Bench Warmer
The game was played on a field that resembled a WW1 battlefield more than it did a football field of grass. MN’s back up Safety playing in his first game, stepped in front of a pass and took it for 6. That was the game. MN’s starting QB was knocked out in the 1st game and Syracuse totally bottled up Mo Ibrahim. Syracuse’s starting S (now at Ohio St) and CB weren’t playing and neither was MN’s All BIG10 Center.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
@ShortSideOption do they run a lot of cover 6/3 1 and zero? Do you have any idea what a breakdown would be as a primary? They don't do much of split safety look it seems.

I think if we are going to leave our guys 1-1 outside, I will take that risk to stop the run and get more sacks.

As far as scheme fit to personnel, how far off do you think they are? I think LB is where I see the biggest gap... Seems like we need to get more athletic there.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Fun breakdown. Thanks for sharing.

I think a lot of people see 3-3-5 defense and think it is strictly to stop the spread offenses of the day. But take this quote from Joe Lee Dunn on why he installed this offense: https://247sports.com/college/arizo...5-defense-employed-by-asu-and-sdsu-121859476/
“People think of it as a defense to defend the spread attacks but in reality it was a defense to attack pro-style offenses with undersized defensive players,” Dunn said. “It was designed for undersized defensive linemen to be able to attack and be competitive.”

If you want another idea of what this defense will look like you can look at Mississippi St's defense. Arnett was hired at Syracuse for about 5 minutes before taking the Miss St job and then he suggested Cuse hire Tony White. They are from the same coaching tree.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Chance to knock off a ranked team to start the Rhule era...

You can't even take that ranking seriously. Just pathetic research by Tater Island. Minnesota has like the 5th best odds in Vegas to win the division.

Reactions: Toe

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds